bullet proof TTB

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
Some of you may think im crazy and might say I would be better off with a solid front axle but I dont want a solid axle. I am in the process of rebuilding a 1988 f250 4WD and I want to build the front end strong. I mean bullet proof! Im talkin total steering system upgrade (and yes I will be hydro boosting), tie rod assembly, front u-joints, pitman/idler arms, gearbox, ex... What are some of your guys ideas and companies to go with? Thanks

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Dana 50 then reinforce everything. Look into proper ttb steering setup. If you get the linkages lined up correctly that will help. Replace EVERY bushing. The pivot bushings suck but must be replaced. Get new springs (43-498)
I have been looking at this also. My 91 will be as original as I can make it. I don't like straight axles if you don't need them.

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The D50 has a BIG "50" stamped on the center bottom of the case, mine does anyway (1994), easy to see.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Dana 50's have the same lock out as 60's its hub isn't tapered like a 44's

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
No such thing as a bullet proof TTB. Install a Dana 60 and be worry free.

I personally disagree. I know the gm setup is different but when built right, independent suspension can but built REALLY strong and GM is a good example of that.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I run 38.5x16 Swampers on a D50, its not really "TTB" anymore but it hasnt broke. 1350 u-joints can take some abuse.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Best way to build a TTB, trucks trailered/off road only before anyones ******* get in a bunch
You must be registered for see images attach

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may think im crazy and might say I would be better off with a solid front axle but I dont want a solid axle. I am in the process of rebuilding a 1988 f250 4WD and I want to build the front end strong. I mean bullet proof! Im talkin total steering system upgrade (and yes I will be hydro boosting), tie rod assembly, front u-joints, pitman/idler arms, gearbox, ex... What are some of your guys ideas and companies to go with? Thanks
Do you plan on lifting or installing large tires?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron