Built Ford Tough! Kinda...

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finally got my 87 F250 running strong today, over $300 in parts, she ran awesome! Decided to take it for a test drive 2hrs later and this is what happens....Got over for a car and hit a small snow drift, overcorrected and BOOM! You could say I'm not the happiest person to be around right now..:mad: Plus side...after about ripping my door off from frustration, I turned the key for wait to start light, then fired right up! Sounded good too...would drove home if not for radiator and blown tire.
You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Why did you get over for the car?

Around here, the bigger vehicle always has right of way. Lol

I won't get over if it's gonna put me in a bad way.

I have fenders and a hood and bumper. But no core.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet if I wanna just total it or try to salvage a new doghouse, front clip and probably cab. Given the frame isn't bent. Will get a better look tommorow

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know of a bunch of stuff local to me cheap if ya need anything lmk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What a shame this is. Why is it a car or truck always "finds" the power pole like this. There has to be a reason because they are such a small piece of the roads but we sure do find them and center punch them most of the time. Very sorry for your accident too.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Exactly haha...I was headed for the other ditch and hit brakes, locked up all wheels and it turned me towards the other ditch with telephone poles....slid down ditch for a lil bit then hit it...if I can fix for under a grand and frame isn't bent then shes a keeper. if not, goodbye to scrapyard. Only driven it twice since I bought it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please don't crush it. Plenty of interest here to save at least parts of it.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closely at the frame. I bet its tweeked. It will be pretty hard to replace bushings in the front end, and alignment etc becomes hard especially with a TTB front axle.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea by the looks of it the frame does look tweeked..cab kinda sits at an angle. Only paid $1k for the truck so don't wanna go throwin tons of money at it. A buddy of mine deals in totaled semis..he's gonna come look and take measurements

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I don't think my axle is messed up...I can still kinda turn other than bumber went through my tire and pinned against the rim. Truck starts and runs lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Staff online

Members online