Brown Truck Under the Knife Project -Point of No Return!-

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Oh trust me, its gonna get a good coat yet. But I'm done with the rust converter paint, now its going to be all rubberized undercoating.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Got the sway bar mounted up. Finally.
But its a no go on the track bar. Is it a bad idea to have my suspension shop cut the track bar and make it to correct size? Because upon a third inspection of the measurements it looks as if I measured wrong somewhere and mounted the track bar bracket like 3/4" to the passenger side to far. Did so by thinking the one 2wd suspension hole under there was in the correct spot, and apparently its not. I guess Im not as good at this as I thought. Big time screw up there.

See if your suspenson shop can get you an adjustable track bar. Or shop around fleabay.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Haha, wow this has become quite the popular thread! I did work on it more today, but didnt take any pics. I mainly worked on installing my new $60 F350 pitman arm, and disassembled the drivers side spindle, hub, etc. I found some water in there and nasty ass old grease, plus a broken lock washer for the spindle nuts. So I wasnt very happy about that. I may end up replacing the wheel bearings, I havent cleaned them up enough to properly inspect them But that water and the condition of the grease bother me.

I spent a couple hours today trying to find a premade adjustable track bar But there arent any for our trucks, not to mention probably isnt one for shorter than stock length.
So what I'm thinking now is, I'd like to have my bar made into an adjustable one. Having it cut, shortened an inch, and have it threaded to utilize a tie rod adjusting sleeve, like the one below.
You must be registered for see images attach

What do you think? Is it feasible?

Last edited:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I should add, the reason I would prefer it adjustable, is because I will eventually be installing different springs, and may have to adjust it shorter or longer when I do so.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Haha, wow this has become quite the popular thread! I did work on it more today, but didnt take any pics. I mainly worked on installing my new $60 F350 pitman arm, and disassembled the drivers side spindle, hub, etc. I found some water in there and nasty ass old grease, plus a broken lock washer for the spindle nuts. So I wasnt very happy about that. I may end up replacing the wheel bearings, I havent cleaned them up enough to properly inspect them But that water and the condition of the grease bother me.

I spent a couple hours today trying to find a premade adjustable track bar But there arent any for our trucks, not to mention probably isnt one for shorter than stock length.
So what I'm thinking now is, I'd like to have my bar made into an adjustable one. Having it cut, shortened an inch, and have it threaded to utilize a tie rod adjusting sleeve, like the one below.

What do you think? Is it feasible?

It should work.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Ok guys, update. This is only what I had done at 2pm today, but I've been inside the garage the rest of the day because its like 20* with wind chill in the teens today. So Im pre prepping everything before I go back outside. lol

I rubberized the frame, installed both calipers and hoses, installed the F350 pitman arm, installed a new tie rod end, installed new Monroe Magnum shocks, and pulled the other rotor/hub off.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Looks good. I thought converting my F250 to 4wd when I had it.

Just for info, my 93 F350 crew cab front shock mounts look the same as yours.

John

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yea, I looked at both of our 94 F350 CC's and one has two bolt shock mounts and my dads project truck has the 4 bolt ones. Im almost guessing that it has something to do with the off road package or something???

Anyway, another update, just no pics yet. I just finished completely rebuilding two manual locking hubs for it, and have a pair of new spindles, new Temkin bearings, and fresh rotors waiting for daylight tomorrow to install on my D60. So by tomorrow night it will atleast be sitting on all fours again!

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everytime i have ever replaced a track bar on any vehicle, i have always had to have it at ride height for it to be close. (all the weight on all four tires) but they are still a pain to install.

zpd307

Reaction score
everytime i have ever replaced a track bar on any vehicle, i have always had to have it at ride height for it to be close. (all the weight on all four tires) but they are still a pain to install.

thats how i have always done it.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
UPDATE!
It now sits on all four tires again!
I installed the new inner spindle seals, new spindles, rotors, hubs, and wheel bearing sets, one brake dust shield that I had sitting here, brakes, and a steering stabilizer.
It looks kinda stupid sitting so high in the front and so low in the back, but Im hoping the remedy that soon.

This project isnt even close to being finished yet. I still have one piece yet to finish this phase, the track bar, which I dropped off at my machine shop today, and they are going to do some sweet stuff to it. So I'll show ya when its done.

Next to come in the Brown Truck Under the Knife Project is pulling the engine, rebuilding it, installing the turbo system and installing the ZF5-BW1356.

But I'd have to say its mostly down hill from here on out! YEA!!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I do believe that they do. It does pose a good question though, because my mom still has her 1978 CJ7 Golden Eagle and it has a solid front axle, but no track bar.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Looking good Sean. I bet you can't wait to get to finally fire that thing up with the turbo, 5 speed, and 4wd, and hit the offroad trails just to try it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online