Bronco performance

BigNorm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
After a trip to the pump yesterday, I was tickled and just had to tell somebody. New milage record for the Bronco - 18.5 Nothing fantastic I know, but 8.5 MPG better than before I got my hands on it. This is approaching what I was hoping for. Once I settle on axles, and get some aluminum rims and 33" tires, I think I can do even better. Now that the weather is warm, I can run with the windows down comfortably, and really enjoy that sound. Makes me want to hum "The Cars - moving in stereo". :D
What axles are you considering? Do you mean you plan on replacing the stock axles with something else? I love my 14Bolt but ground clearance with 33s would really suck. If you were going to stick with 33s or 35s a FF rear D60 might be the ticket. They kind of suck with the stock axles in them but if you were only street driving then it probably wouldn't be such a big deal. The rear D60s IMO are about as strong as the Ford 9" with the benefit of having full floating hubs.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been my plan all along to swap over to 8 lug axles, for standardization of the fleet and to complete the HD conversion.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Mel,

I should have a spare D50 3:54 before the summer is out. Will be complete except for the brake calipers. Gently used--has 150K on it.

If you are interested let me know. It will be located 25 miles north of Atlanta. Maybe one of the pack will be passing thru headed north--we are located less than 5 miles off I-75.

The price would be right! :D