Bricknose wiper parking problem

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Any update?

I guess I will try replacing my wiper motor. It was sticking in fairly heavy rain recently at 60mph on the interstate. It was bright enough out that it didnt' feel too dangerous, but still. Sometimes the wind would help it and it would start wiping again, but it's not very safe to have it like that.

I found one on ebay for $20 plus $14 ship, so I submitted a $15 offer... and they accepted it. $32 isn't a bad price at all. It's a whopping $70 from Oreilly, plus core. RockAuto isn't much better due to having pay return shipping for the core, which costs as much as the core fee, so it's not even worth returning the core.

It has the box and looks unused. They probably bought it for a van but never got around to changing it since it's buried in the dash somewhat.

I also ordered an old Chilton manual for $5 shipped, which should help with changing it. It actually says on the cover that it covers diesel engines. I'll have to see to what extent.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope I've just been dealing with it for the time being. I've got a couple used wiper motors to try but the garage has been occupied. I'm 99% sure my problem is the motor itself. I'm going to replace the linkage while I'm in there since I have a good used set from a parts truck in the garage. Finally got the parts truck out today so maybe in the next week or two I can start looking at it.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Nope I've just been dealing with it for the time being. I've got a couple used wiper motors to try but the garage has been occupied. I'm 99% sure my problem is the motor itself. I'm going to replace the linkage while I'm in there since I have a good used set from a parts truck in the garage. Finally got the parts truck out today so maybe in the next week or two I can start looking at it.

Yeah I suspect mine is the motor too, or it wouldn't be sticking and resuming when touched, like it does. Being basic off/low/high, there isn't a controller to go bad like with intermittent. Mine has been this way since I got it, so I've had to deal with it for a year. But thankfully I haven't had to drive in rain much at all.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine's been fine for the most part. Got really interesting the one day we were going 55 in the rain at night and it just stopped wiping :shocked: Got lucky because they kicked back in a few seconds later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online