Bricknose vs OBS master cylinder differences

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a cost-saving question here - Looking at swapping out the MC+slave on a Bricknose truck. On Rockauto, they have one kit for $120. This guy

However, I have more choices for an OBS, including one set for $74.

Now, from what I know, the slave is going to be the same, the hose might be a little different(but similar routing). The master, however, seems to be slightly different - holes instead of studs. But is that the /only/ difference?

Any thoughts? If it is just the holes vs studs issue, I'll go with the cheaper one and make it work. Otherwise, I may have to use a different solution.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Nope, just use the correct year. If you put a obs master in a brick, it'll sit cockeyed. BTDT. It's really not too big of a deal, but not ideal either.
Although, you can buy pre-bled assemblies for the obs. Also for the obs (maybe others) you can get a steel, braided ss line. (At least my psd came with one)
Someone actually found a metal slave too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Metal slave is made by Perfection the clutch company. I was researching one for my OBS PSD. Didn’t check brick, has new already. Rock Auto read the info tab on each. The metal set is what your rock auto link goes to. Sitting here in the dark in good ole Calif.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Looking at both my 91 and 96 right now it is hard to tell if the mount is an issue. Are the bore sizes the same? I do know there is a difference in the pushrod because the trick I used to convert to a Heim joint on the 91 wouldn’t work on the 96 due to smaller diameter pushrod. Made a different plan work but eliminated the factory clutch start switch.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the new ones I installed one time bolted on at Saturday funny angle but the master cylinder turned and it's Mount straight up I don't remember what brand it was.
For what it's worth I have a steel braided line kit for the clutch assembly also.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A twofer today!!! ;Poke;Sweet:rotflmao

Metal slave is made by Perfection the clutch company. I was researching one for my OBS PSD. Didn’t check brick, has new already. Rock Auto read the info tab on each. The metal set is what your rock auto link goes to. Sitting here in the dark in good ole Calif.
The flames don't produce any light? :rotflmao
One of the new ones I installed one time bolted on at Saturday funny angle but the master cylinder turned and it's Mount straight up I don't remember what brand it was.
For what it's worth I have a steel braided line kit for the clutch assembly also.
What angle is saturday supposed to be? :rotflmao

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
you know I can't get my speech-to-text to do normal things but it'll sure pick up words off the TV clear as a bell.

Yes! Yes! yes! I've had one these SUPER SMART phones for 2+ yrs & Siri still can't decipher my stupid transplanted Texan accent!! But she sure can hear the TV, hear the wife hollering at me, hear everybody else! My son says that they can be set to hear French, Spanish, Chinese, Gibberish, all foreign languages. How come it can't hear me??

I learned to proof read EVERY text before I hit send. Send a nice, pleasant, complimentary text to someone & ck it later......figure out that it went thru as: "you low life f@*%@# scummy....."
(Text the preacher & wind up thru the hot blazing gates of Hell..... LOL LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
But she sure can hear the TV, hear the wife hollering at me, hear everybody else! My son says that they can be set to hear French, Spanish, Chinese, Gibberish, all foreign languages. How come it can't hear me??
Because you've been with her for a while now. She ignores us just like a real woman after a while.:joker: Seriously though, I was working for a guy who had a 2015 Chevy Duramax. He always tried to use the voice activated GPS in it. By the time he finally went through all the BS (including breaking the address down into individual parts like state, city, street, number) we'd usually almost be there. If I had to drive it, I'd just punch it all in by hand before I left. It always worked the first time. I say take that voice activated crap and throw it all away!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online