Brake pad retainer clip

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of how these are installed. My manual was the victim of my wife "cleaning" my office. It's the little zig-zag thing. A set came with my new pads and I'm not smart enough to figure out how they are installed. The original setup from the PO didn't use them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Go to u tube for a great vid of this. Just use f250 or f350 front brake job as the search.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!

I went and picked some up tonight and it makes a lot more sense when you're holding it in your hand. I put the pads/rotors in a year ago and they have about 2K miles on them. I noticed one pad has backed out a little and there's a sizable lip wearing around the edge of the rotor now.

So more pads and pins *with* retainers this time......

Thanks again!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What the heck is that thingy thar....ya that big shiny thingy on top of knuckle ya that thingy

What u need one of those thingamajigs fer anyway....whats this axle under anyway hmmmm

Inquiring minds want to know!

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the heck is that thingy thar....ya that big shiny thingy on top of knuckle ya that thingy

What u need one of those thingamajigs fer anyway....whats this axle under anyway hmmmm

Inquiring minds want to know!

That's a high steer setup, used to move the steering linkage up and out of the way and also fix the angle to reduce bump steer and wear, mostly used on rock climbers so there not smashing the steering linkage.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a high steer setup, used to move the steering linkage up and out of the way and also fix the angle to reduce bump steer and wear, mostly used on rock climbers so there not smashing the steering linkage.

:rotflmao :rotflmao he thinks I dunno what that is....:rotflmao

I was bustin jasper's chops with the statement....wanting to know what ride he had...cause that was never shown as a rig of his....did not know he pirated it from Pirate

I have a histeer here for my 60 ifn I choose it...