bought johnny cash off a guy 6.9 idi

psy9zach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

bought a old 6.9 diesel named johnny cash(bc its a pieced together truck) and i am new to diesel to say the least, working on figuring out exactly how to go about hydro boost and it came with the parts to turbo it got plans for this truck long term since its already studded and i believe that is the brunt of making them bullet proof soooo basically guess what I'm saying is i think i did good buying this but its an electrical nightmare from when it used to be a 460(old wires everywhere) as a for instance ive spent all day looking for a plug for the licence plate bulb

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to oil burners. There's a lot of very knowledgeable people in here.

I'm not to sure about the dog treat he's questionable. lol

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
welcome to oil burners. There's a lot of very knowledgeable people in here.

I'm not to sure about the dog treat he's questionable. lol

I thought this was a judgement free zone Mike.o_O

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
And just who lied to you? LOL

Heck I'm management around here.
ZERO respect I tell ya.LOL

With all respect to the OP, lots of info in here. Pull up a chair, grab your favorite beverage and spend some time reading up.
Your truck has a solid drive train. Wiring on the other hand......:idiot:

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I converted a 1988 EB bronco to a 6.9 C6 from a 5.8 C6. I used a 1987 F250 6.9 C6 harness and spliced in the extra wiring needed for the bronco. it looks like an 86 dash in your truck so a dash harness from an 83-86 diesel C6 shoudl work for you.

any body else chime in here? I know this worked problem free for me.................

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
glad you made it here, lots of good info. what are you looking to know about the hydroboost?

i know many love it but surprisingly it was not a big upgrade for me. my vacuum brakes always worked great, i did it because of an engine swap.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I spend a lot of time creeping the tech articles and searching and just reading this site.

There are a ton of very active and knowledgeable members here and many of them have helped me without knowing it haha.

My best advice is to get your significant other to at the very least support your new addiction and that helps a lot when the parts fairy unloads on your doorstep.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

210Tumbleweed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes...:bail

Welcome here my friend to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend.
Come inside, come inside....:music: :frustrate :rock: -Playme:popcorn:rotflmao :fight: :music:

Seriously though lots of good folks 'round here...with TONS of Knowledge...:rtfm

Come on in, the shows about to start...don't necessarily need tools, :music: or a pile of PARTS!!!!!

PEACE :rock:

psy9zach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well judging by the number of people talking to me I guess my first question is how do you know people are talking to you is there a way to get notifications to your phone figured it would email me thought no one responded