Boost pressures before and after IC install...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some feedback from you guys who have done an IC add-on to your 95-97PSD. I am curious to find out your boost pressures before and after the conversion. Also, what would be helpful is where you plumbed for the boost gauge, between the turbo and IC or between the IC and intake "Y"
thanks in advance.

BJS

Reaction score
Haven't done one myself so everything I'm saying is repeated of what I believe to be first hand observations from where I've paid close attention on TDS.

The one that sticks out in my mind the most was one guy who had 2 boost guages one pre & post intercooler he said the greatest difference between the 2 was 2 psi boost (it was a westech dual guage)

I don't have any information to back this up so it's all a theory....The drop of pressure is due to the cooling effect more than the restriction of the intercooler.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJS said:
Haven't done one myself so everything I'm saying is repeated of what I believe to be first hand observations from where I've paid close attention on TDS.

The one that sticks out in my mind the most was one guy who had 2 boost guages one pre & post intercooler he said the greatest difference between the 2 was 2 psi boost (it was a westech dual guage)

I don't have any information to back this up so it's all a theory....The drop of pressure is due to the cooling effect more than the restriction of the intercooler.

Thanks!
Those numbers are consistent to what I am seeing on my truck before and after the IC install. So, his numbers are pretty dead-on.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
towcat said:
Thanks!
Those numbers are consistent to what I am seeing on my truck before and after the IC install. So, his numbers are pretty dead-on.

That is about what i saw on my install.

Steve