boost at idle?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wondering how much boost u can make at idle when u rev it? i just got mine to 8psi

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't get alot of boost at idle unless your are reving the crap out of it. You make boost when the truck is under load.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't get alot of boost at idle unless your are reving the crap out of it. You make boost when the truck is under load.
i know that and i have some fuel mods so i justwated to c what other peoples could do and i dont have a tach but it isnt to many rpms at 8lbs

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I don't know about you but when I blip the throttle on my brown truck's motor it actually goes into the vacuum side, which it should since the engine is sucking more air than the turbo can produce in that fast of an acceleration.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I see 4psi. I cant see how just revving your motor can net you that much boost...seems odd to me.

Cant compare newer trucks. My parents 08 6.4 can cruise in overdrive at 1350rpm's and makes pushing 30psi of boost, anything over that it downshifts and it jumps up 35psi.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk why it does ether thats why i asked but cruzing down the high way at 65 or 70 ill be at about 9

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that's weird...I can't make any boost either at idle. If I rev it my needle sometimes acts like it wants to move....but then I may be seeing things....Anyway I can't make any boost idling or reving...

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that's weird...I can't make any boost either at idle. If I rev it my needle sometimes acts like it wants to move....but then I may be seeing things....Anyway I can't make any boost idling or reving...
YEAH I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH IT? BUT IT RUNS FINE

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So your wastegate is unplugged. I would say your playing with fire, sooner or later its not going to like it I would think. Might wanna look into some studs.

FYI Anything over 12psi of boost with our turbo's just overheates the air and you will see no gain.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your wastegate is unplugged. I would say your playing with fire, sooner or later its not going to like it I would think. Might wanna look into some studs.

FYI Anything over 12psi of boost with our turbo's just overheates the air and you will see no gain.

YEAH I KNOW I JUST HAD IT OFF SO I COULD DO SOME TESTING WITH SOMETHING I HAD MADE BUT I PUT IT BACK ON AND THEN I POPPED THE LINE GOING TO THE WASTEGATE AND NOW ITS TOO SHORT I JUST HAVENT HAD TIME TO GET A NEW ONE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin