body panels

briang

Reaction score
i need to do some major body work on my truck this year

are the replacement whole side panels for the truck bed any decent quality or are they thin sheet metal, anybody have any company recomendations?

i figure its easier to remove the bed and put new ones on with the amount of work there is to do im gonna change fuel lines and main tank while i have it off also

i looked at used beds, but by the time i buy, go get, and paint, i will prob come out cheaper.

just lookin for opinions

thanks guys

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen guys replace the fenders and rear sections of these beds, but never the entire bedside. Not sure of a manufacturer to recommend. If you could find a good factory bed, that'd be the way to go for sure. But, that's really hard to do these days.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Heath

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You are FAR better of putting sides on your current bed, as long as the structure is still good.

The great thing about doing COMPLETE sides, is you get to see and almost COMPLETELY eliminate any rust.

LMC, NPD, and Keystone are 3 that come to mind. You could also go to ford but prepare to spend 1000+ per side

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just do the whole side unless it's maybe just a small area over the wheel well. Even then you want to make sure there's nothing coming behind it. Any major repair is also hard to make really straight in my admittedly limited experience.

The LMC panel I got for my 70s truck is definitely thinner than what came off it, but it's also the lesser evil than trying to patch existing metal.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I know this guy.....who has a bed.....

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
90' Dually bed in Ohio on Marketplace

I am parting out a 90' F350 dually rust free truck
in Dayton, OH .....

It has a good bed ....

Only $375

Jim

Attachments

• F350F.jpg
    F350F.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
  • F350G.jpg
    F350G.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Now ya see Justin - If Russ could get that bed up here to me. I have a near perfect white bed from Texas here. Then he could have his already white bed and I could have an already red bed for my '96 and no paint work involved for either of us. The paint on the bottom of my bed is as nice as the sides. My white one was used as a work bed. The inside has been used and abused but, the outside is nearly perfect.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
You are FAR better of putting sides on your current bed, as long as the structure is still good.

The great thing about doing COMPLETE sides, is you get to see and almost COMPLETELY eliminate any rust.

LMC, NPD, and Keystone are 3 that come to mind. You could also go to ford but prepare to spend 1000+ per side

Why the hell would you spend 1k per side, PLUS paint, and the work if he can't do it him self, rather than just finding a good box for around 1k, unbolt the old one, and 6 new bolts later, your done?

briang

Reaction score
well, after further review, :

i thought they sold panels (cheap) that were the whole side of the bed,iat least i cant find them

so i will prob be cutting and welding this spring

i can get the front fenders pretty cheap

its not a show truck, its a work truck, i just want it to look a bit better and get some experience with body work

its only got 118,000 miles on it, so i want to put it to use

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 4

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Why the hell would you spend 1k per side, PLUS paint, and the work if he can't do it him self, rather than just finding a good box for around 1k, unbolt the old one, and 6 new bolts later, your done?

Well around here TRYING to even find a "rust free" bed is almost impossible. And when you do the prices start around 1000. And who says it is truly RUST FREE. You cant see behind the wheel well. And the 1000, doesnt include paint, so factor 1000 for a used bed then at least another 500 for paint. If he does bed sides him self for 350-400 a piece plus panel adhesive(100). He will have 800-900 into it and have NEW sides with ZERO rust Guaranteed. Then spend another 500 to get it painted.

well, after further review, :

i thought they sold panels (cheap) that were the whole side of the bed,iat least i cant find them

so i will prob be cutting and welding this spring

i can get the front fenders pretty cheap

its not a show truck, its a work truck, i just want it to look a bit better and get some experience with body work

its only got 118,000 miles on it, so i want to put it to use

350-400 Isnt cheap for bed sides?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have a bed off a 93 that had the sides replaced, they are a little thinner than factory but not what i would consider flimsy at all. trouble is the u channels under the bed rotted out making the understructure in the so-so catagory. the wheel wells look ok though though from the outside.

briang

Reaction score
mabey im in luck ;Sweet

i found these for the rear driver side 445$ ea side
With dual gas door holes
Replaces OE number E9TZ9927841E
Without molding hole

is there any welding on the front fenders or are they just bolted on? 60$ ea side
Notes:

With emblem provision
Replaces OE number F4TZ16006A
Without molding hole

im gonna do (try to) all the work myself and paint white again

theres lots of little spots on the truck where the paint has flaked off, but not rusting
so i will see where i get

will be fun, something for me and my boy to work on :thumbsup:

Attachments

• bed panels.jpg
    bed panels.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
  • front fenders.jpg
    front fenders.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0