body lift?

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering a 3 inch body lift on my 97 K3500 extended cab dually. I have found all the lift manufacturers list the application for that year, followed by "except diesel" Rubberfish told me he did one, his being a standard, don't know if that makes much difference. Does anyone know why they dont list it for the diesel? I could see if it were an intercooled truck, but what else could be different about it? I'm getting pretty close to just ordering one for a 454 truck and going at it, but I'd like to hear from anyone who knows for sure. I would like to try to get a half dozen 255/85/16s under it, with a 3 inch body and a little crank of the torsion bars. A suspension lift is out, too expensive and I don't want to raise the hitch by that much. Any info is appreciated.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
the weight of the vehicle is an issue too, those pushers are heavy!!

my guess is that there really wasn't much of a market for manufacturers to build them, the diesel market 4x4 community wasn't that big either.

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few 6.5 tds running around with body lifts. I think the issue is with the air intake clearances. It might take a little modification, but it should work fine. My c3500 454 had a body lift (installed by myself) and it looked and rode great.