Wheel lift

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I have a 91 f350 srw and have seen people put kits for a wrecker style wheel lift on their pickups but haven't been able to find where to buy the kit. Anyone else on here know where I could find one? Not opposed to used if it all works as it should and is all there.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I dont recommend for a pickup frame unless it gets heavily reinforced. The C&C can take it better.

I got to see the '94 F350 srw at the local boatyard get folded up from such shenanigans. Frame kinks where its relieved for the drivers side shock.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id look for a thing like @franklin2 is talking about. I've seen that stuff and it's really slick. My wrecker started life as a F350 cab chassis and has plates riveted to the frame to beef it up. It weighs 9200lbs on the scale and I think it's a bit much for a regular 350. My opinion is it would be better on a super duty frame with the straight front axle instead of twin I beam. The weight of the bed makes the truck sit a few inches low all around. I'm 6'3" and on a level surface I can look over the top of the cab of the tow truck. So if you're wanting to put a wrecker bed on a regular chassis, definitely beef it up. But even if you're just going to do a wheel lift in the bed, I'd beef it up. It's a nice thought that you're only going to pull Prius' and camreys around but inevetily someone is going to ask you to move their 8000lb monster truck and you won't be able to say no.