Bmw 2.4L diesel performance help

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
If that Vixen was mine, this is what I would do.

Larger turbo to match the new power goal: lowers the egt's and allows for more fuel

Larger head unit for the Bosch VE pump

Larger piping for the turbo system

Larger but quiet exhaust system

Biggest air filter that will fit

FASS system

Water/methanol injection system

Get on Garrett Turbo's website and make the calculations for the turbo, then find an OEM or used turbo that will fit.

Change the coolant to Evans Zero Pressure coolant which will make the engine more thermally stable and increase reliability.

Synthetic oil mandatory

Last edited:

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Any mods on the 5 speed manual and clutch. I have always been under the impression the the transaxle is a bit weak, but I dunno. Head studs the head is Aluminum.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Upgrade the clutch and pressure plate if you want, if you keep the power the level at around 200hp (flywheel) the trans should be fine. Studs should not be needed, ARP bolts should do fine, with a good multilayer gasket.

Deib

Reaction score
I have owned a couple Mark VII's I have one now, and a complete spare engine and tranny.
We were looking at dropping it in a Bronco II or something.

It is a just a standard VE pump, we have done some tuning. The lincoln was rolling smoke bad, all the time. A couple tweeks and the smoke it gone, more power, and fuel mileage is back up over 35.

I have put head gaskets in them, not a fun process. The engine was a marvel at the time it was created. There was nothing comparable to it, how quiet it was, and advanced electronics.

Getting ready to put a rear main seal in one soon. It will be fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86