Block heater falling out

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys it's all together and runs fine. My only concern is now the coolant temp hits the m in normal now, previously I have never got it over the n unless working it hard for long periods of time. Thermostat is a stant and about 2 months old. I don't know weather to wory or not, it hasn't overheated on me yet. But I still have never seen it read this high before. And yes I am aware these guages are idiot guages and I should have a real one. And the temp does seam to go back down after being at the m for a few minutes.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
T-stat is a Stant you say??? Don't have time to read the first two pages of this thread so I appologize if I step on anyones feet if this has been said already but you must use a Motorcraft T-stat in these trucks. They are the only ones that work correctly even though the stant looks very much alike.
Get the stant out of there, put a aftermarket water temp gauge in it (I like to use the overtemp port, which is the large port near the front of the drivers side head above the exhaust manifold) and be happy!

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am aware that people say not to use the stant but there was no change in the guage reading for the first 2 months of the stant and the old motorcraft one. Just went and got a temp guage and I'll probably throw a ih thermostat back in, I'm going to the ih dealership soon anyway to get this thing timed. And maybe pick up some ih swag. haha

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sensor is in that over temp port currently? Is it just the sender for the factory temp guage? If I take it out will it mess with the glow plug system? Or the high idle/cold advance?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
The sensor currently in it trips the check engine light if you go over 240deg F water temp, otherwise it serves no purpose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online