Bilsteins on order!

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Just before we left Baja I replaced the rear shocks with a pair of Heavy Duty Explorers. They are gonna come off, because it now rides like a TANK. I'm gonna get Monroes and if I need to haul something heavy I'll just turn on the Air Bag Pump. OkieGringo

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
reklund said:
I was considering the Edelbrock IAS shocks.

DON'T! I had Edelbrock IAS shocks for two years (60K miles). When I first got them on I thought they were God's gift to a good ride. Nope. The Bilsteins give a much smoother ride. There were also rumors that the IAS shock was being discontinued.

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I have the Bilsteins on my F-250 and am quite happy with them. If anything they are softer/smoother than I expected.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Delivery schedualed for friday!

I'm not a fan of a buckboard ride or a caddy ride, I want the truck to maintain a location above the ground and let the wheels move up and down underneath it, firm but smooth. I also have 6 miles of twisty road with plenty of pot holes that make it difficult to stay in my lane sometimes, proper shocks keeping the wheels on the ground help the truck stay where it should, it is also a 2wd, so it has coils up front, and since it wasn't a cab 'n chassis it has soft rear springs, the F450 probably has commercial springs, much stiffer, thicker pack.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood, Towcat... Thank you for the information. I'm going to first see how the roads in South Carolina compare to the potholes that Monterey calls roads.

You'd think for the price of living in Monterey, the roads would be in better shape.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
EZ, if you want air, get bags. Those air shocks don't hold up to a real load

Ok, I've seen some on ebay but dificult to have any info on them, if they fit on my truck or not.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
Ok, I've seen some on ebay but dificult to have any info on them, if they fit on my truck or not.

I have a set on my '92 ;Sweet air ride, got them from summit racing, drilled 4 holes in each side of my frame to bolt the tops on, now it hauls level with a full load just under GVWR :angel: :rock:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online