bigger injectors??

86 f150 6.9

Reaction score
i just dropped a 86 6.9 in my 85 150 and im tryin to deck it out.. i want it to roal some serious coal out my 6" aussies.. can i put bigger injectors with out getting a differnt injector pump?? no turbo

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not run alot of fuel with no turbo. It's gonna get way to hott. Just turn your pump up a flat or 2 make sure you have good air flow to the engine and a pyro n/a's can't get very hott and the get hott quick. My pig in my sig got 1.5 and it smokes to much so it's goin down if it gets hot with the trailer this weekend.

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it's a 5/32 allen long one once you get it on put a 5/32 socket and small ext. on the Allen wrench and turn it up take force kinda but not really.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, crank that IP up, run a lot of coal. Another one to make a bad name for diesel's.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
none of us here smoke black on for the helluvit. if you see our trucks smoking it is cause they are doing work son.

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People whom do this alott give diesels a bad name. There is a time and place for doing stuff like this. Plus wasted fuel and enviromental effects. Say some @ss is riding your butt, give them the black lung. Please use caution and common sense, don't give people more of a reason to hate diesels and big trucks. A couple of people can give a bad rep to everyone who drives a diesel or anything larger than a prias. Lotts and lotts of people need these trucks for work, hauling and farms. Have fun be safe and try to respect everyone that you can and doesn't give you a reason not too. If you do this, monitor your EGTs with a pyro, and do it out of the public eye. I know it sucks but thats life. Lotts of people on here make a living whith thier diesels and need them cause an eletric car can't pull a damm thing. Good luck, be safe and TRY to respect others even if they think differen't than you. Running EGTs too hott will be a shure death of your truck 1100 for a couple of seconds should be ok, but look up the melting point of aluminum and read this forum, there's a wealth of info on this site and everyone here is willing to help as long as you can be a good to yourself and others. Hope this posting helps, Good luck; Bernie

86 f150 6.9

Reaction score
well you kno i aint just some kid tryin to ruin the enviroment ha.. both my 99 cummins and my 6.9 are ranch rigs always hauling 32' goose necks full of cattle to the sale.. but i do see where your coming from berniesouthunt and i do respect that ;Sweet

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I don't know this to be fact, so take it for what it's worth... A simple allegory by a deranged man... :D

Out here is lovely California it used to be that all diesels, regardless of the year, were smog exempt. Simply pay your tags (which average somewhere around $300 a year now for heavy "commercial" trucks such as ours, even though I have never hauled anything for hire in my life..) and be on your merry way.

For a while, everyone it seemed was happy. Diesel trucks were the perfect solution to Cali's absurd smog requirements.

That was, until the bombers arrived. They found a way to ruin this perfect loop hole. Every Ford/GM/Dodge diesel owner was chipped up, blacking out intersections, rolling coal. Obviously this couldn't go on. This is California. This had to stop, and stop it did.

Very secretly, the C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board, think- Federal EPA on steroids with a crack pipe in one hand and the instrument of legislation in the other) managed to slip a couple clever little laws through...

One made it impossible to register heavy commercial diesel trucks older than a certain age (F-superduty and heavier) Literally, you can not have them on the road anymore. Period. End of the line. All IDI F-superduty trucks are officially illegal in Ca. now...

The other made it a requirement for ALL 1998 and newer diesels to have smog checks done bi-annually (just like the gas cars) except, as it would turn out, you can't simply hook a diesel up to a smog check machine or a dyno, can you? It would be way too expensive to require auto repair shops to buy diesel compatible test equipment... So, the requirement is that the guy certifying your truck does two things... One, they crawl all around your truck, "inspecting" for illegal devices (chips, bigger intakes, turbos, injectors, pumps, egr/cat deletes- you name it) if they find anything - FAIL. The second is they run the truck on a dyno (if they have one) and put it under load, while someone watches the tail pipe for "excessive smoke." Think about that one. How can you define "excessive smoke" it is entirely subjective to the eye of the guy watching your tailpipe. If his glasses are dirty, you pass. If he just cleaned his glasses, you FAIL....

As of now, lighter duty trucks (less than 15k gross I believe) are exempt here in CA. But who knows for how long? At one point I really believed in the status quo for smog requirements. That's changing. I forsee at some point it's going to be illegal to own older trucks and cars out here, except registered "antiques" or "classics" that have very strict restrictions on how and when you can drive them.

The more coal we roll the quicker this stuff happens. I would like to keep my older trucks on the road for as long as I can.

The end... cookoo

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look up the melting point of aluminum

I use to be a lot more "ok" with running close to 1200 degrees. Then i started working at an aluminum die casting plant and discoverd the temperature that we keep our furnaces at.

You must be registered for see images

Anymore i dont like to stay at 1100 for more than a few seconds.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance