Big Ed at the Truck Pulls

wmoguy

Reaction score
man that makes me miss the 6 banger badly

Your a bad influence Darrin. I just might end up with a "Big White" if I keep reading your stuff on here. :sly:peelout

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
They let leave your airbags hooked up? Wow, they make you unhook the lines in tech if they see u have them.

What Corey said.

But otherwise looked like a smooth pull. And YES Darrin, you should of stayed in the throttle till the flagman waved. You didnt even spin a tire

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yeah that guy was doing exactly what you are not suposed to do when pulling. Thats like shaking a baby :eek:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
He rapped on the throttle on that thing up to 4k in the pits and that was one wicked sounding Cummins! Too bad it got stuffed in a poorly built 1/2 ton.
But at least it had 1 ton running gear under it.

Darrin did good. He pulled and was able to drive it home!
Even after some guy in a big blue dually was feeling froggy on the highway. :)

letsfindout

Reaction score
Hey Darrin! Saw you at the pulls Wednesday, truck is looking good! Not sure how well that trans will like it if you let it go into 3rd with 3.55 gears. If you're going to keep pulling, I'd bump the engine rpm up and get your wheel speed that way.

Yeah, we all hid behind the roller as soon as the lifted half ton Cummins took off.

- Ken

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That venue makes me long for the early days of the Buck Tractor pulls. When all that was between the crowd and the competitors was a few well placed railroad ties. My times have changed. Now I have to look through a fence, a concrete jersey wall, 3 or 4 heavy cables and a black mesh. Not my video, but I was right near the guy who shot this on this night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFjykbpcBQ
Watch the manuever that Brutus pulls off about 3/4 of the way through the video. Most impressive. ;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Darrin! Saw you at the pulls Wednesday, truck is looking good! Not sure how well that trans will like it if you let it go into 3rd with 3.55 gears. If you're going to keep pulling, I'd bump the engine rpm up and get your wheel speed that way.

Yeah, we all hid behind the roller as soon as the lifted half ton Cummins took off.

- Ken

Hey Ken, Thanks for the props and the input. Good idea on the 4k Gov Spring. I really dont plan on pulling a lot, just wanted to give it a try, I might do it once a year if the opportunity presents itself. so Ill just run it as is.

I wish you would have looked my up while we were there, would have liked to say hi to you again, been a while. were you running something?

Dsl Dog, i think all that shifting is why that second truck broke parts... That or the front axle jumping...

Ya it was the front axle jumping, Iit was a stick and He actually didn't' shift at all, when he got under the turbo and he decided to slip the clutch to get the revs back up and bring on the power,...that's when it broke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online