Betsy the Worktruck

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You fixing that E40D anytime soon then? Or too much importance as a DD?

It works fine, I just don't plan on beating on it at all. I'm not afraid to pull a trailer, just don't want to abuse the old truck. At this mileage who knows, not something I'd like to find out the hard way. I've got the dually for beating on LOL but the dually doesn't have a turbo yet :(

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works fine, I just don't plan on beating on it at all. I'm not afraid to pull a trailer, just don't want to abuse the old truck. At this mileage who knows, not something I'd like to find out the hard way. I've got the dually for beating on LOL but the dually doesn't have a turbo yet :(
You gotta abuse it. That's how you get the weakness to spray out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am late to the party. I cut some 2"abs on an angle for gauge pods. I don't have AC so used one of the vent locations for water temp. Gauges are Isspro.
If you havent done it yet, the cowel drains are behind the kick panels in front of the door. There is a rubber outlet that gets plugged up with debris washed down from the cowel. When plugged water runs inside the cab at the door sill. I plan to replace my cowel with the bricknose version that has holes instead of louvers. I am constantly removing pine needles before they enter.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am late to the party. I cut some 2"abs on an angle for gauge pods. I don't have AC so used one of the vent locations for water temp. Gauges are Isspro.
If you havent done it yet, the cowel drains are behind the kick panels in front of the door. There is a rubber outlet that gets plugged up with debris washed down from the cowel. When plugged water runs inside the cab at the door sill. I plan to replace my cowel with the bricknose version that has holes instead of louvers. I am constantly removing pine needles before they enter.
I will look at the cowl. I pulled it off a few times already and vacuumed everything out. The ankle vents in the cab were pretty full of stuff too. My main leaks were the driver door seal, front corner of windshield, and the brake booster was letting water. Theres a plastic firewall piece water was resting on and leaking through.

Those gauges are sweet! Have to move my winch operator if I need room for more.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my new reverse light switch connector from LMC and wired it in tonight. Boss says house projects this weekend so Betsy will be neglected a smidge. Waiting to wire the gauges all in before reconnecting batteries and trying everything out. Still want to add a tank transfer valve at the least for my journey.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed my headlight relays. Super easy. USPS claimed my floor mat and seat cover was delivered yesterday yet I haven’t seen it. They often do that but now it’s holding up my project.

Marker light relays is next on the list and then the dimmer switch.

Anyone recommend the best way to remove the seat belt wire? The circuit comes on with the buzzer at key on and it never shows if the belt isn’t plugged in.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-Drool Ohhhh... Shiny! LOL

Well do your high beams work now, or have you not tested them yet?

Always a good feeling when something that hasn't worked since you bought it is finally fixed!

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the interior mostly together today. Wife said no headliner and I agree, need to get some sticky backs for the wiring to look nice. Gauges will go in once I get the correct oil fitting.

For some reason my pictures keep crashing my internets. Looks pretty nice with the bench seat in there!!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be noisier in there without a headliner.

Maybe some noise reduction stuff? Ice and water shield? I think even spray on truck bed liner would be better than nothing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online