Beru's

mainiac

Reaction score
I went down to Autozone and asked if the zd9's were available. Got the deer in the headlight look and ended up walking out with no more info than when I arrived.

Guys, enlighten me on the purchase of 8 zd9's, I'm a couple days away from getting the 6.9 back in the truck and lighting it.

Thanks!
Mike

oldcoldankles

Reaction score
The nearest store stocked them but I ordered them online from AutoZone for under $10 each. They were shipped to my pick up point at the border at no additional cost. You can determine local store stock on their website.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Ya got to play thier computer game. Tell them you want glow plugs for bla bla bla. When they finally get to the glow plug screen there will be 3 choices: Motocraft, Bosch, and AC-Delco. The Motorcrafts are the ZD9s.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the imbecile behind the counter would have punched the part number in the computer the parts would have come up.

I look everything important up on their website before I go to the store. An interesting thing, you can change stores on the website and see different prices for the same part at different local stores. I've seen a 200+ % difference in price between local stores.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
For an 83 6.9, ZD-9s might not be correct. don't the older engines have a spade connector on top of the GP? The ZD-9s have a male bullet connector. Just ask for Motorcraft. OkieG

mainiac

Reaction score
Maybe I'll ask them for gp's from an 86 6.9.
The counter person wasn't really helpful, didn't want to work or something. I'll wait for another counter person.

My 83 6.9 has the bullet type in it. The wiring had been replaced before I bought it a couple years ago, probably converted it. I know the donor motor I got from the junk yard has the spaded connectors on the gp's.

Thanks you folks,
Mike

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
86 is bullet connector as well, ask for them for a 1987. That is what I have and it has bullet connectors. The 86 I had used spade. Just let them look them up, they are not the best parts people in the world, they are making twice the money at the traditional stores (Napa, AutoValue etc.)! We had an AutoZone that we competed with that would do price matching less 10%, they were dumb enough to tell me this is AutoZone, we are calling to get a price on _____ so we can do a price match! I instructed my counter people when ever this happened to give them our price at cost! That'll teach em! :) They would then have to sell a part at 10% below our cost and we were already cheaper on the part. The customer then knew what our price was (cost) versus theirs that they were quoted, and we almost always got that customer in the end, if that all makes sense! At any rate, they were not the brightest lightbulbs in the box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin