Beru plugs early failure?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Counterfeits making their way into the market?

Black dawg

Reaction score
Counterfeits making their way into the market?

I have noticed in the last couple years that the colors (materials) of the plugs was different than plugs I had used in the past. I don't know how many sets of these I have put in in the last 15 or so years (probably 50+), but I haven't seen any other premature failures other than this most recent set I put in my truck.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just watched this and was thinking the same thing. Someone in the comments mentioned fake 7.3 plugs. I'm guessing 7.3 powerstroke but I wouldn't be surprised if they have been doing the same with the 6.9/7.3 IDI

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new to Oilburners, but I’m dealing with the same glow plug issue so I thought I’d chime in. I just finished a complete rebuild on my 94’ 7.3 idi about a month ago, and since putting the engine back in the truck 5-6 of the 8 glow plugs have failed. They were “motorcraft” plugs I got off amazon. They are on a push button system and I hold them on at around 6-8 seconds, extreme Max is 10 seconds. Anyhow, I’m pretty sure I got fake plugs so I just want to caution against buying them from Amazon

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure I got fake plugs so I just want to caution

I've seen lots of products with rave reviews suddenly having a run of "this one was a counterfeit". Seems like Amazon has a problem with that lately. That's the exact reason I just picked mine up at the parts store 30min away instead of Amazon.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Let the parts store go to all the trouble of getting the counterfeits, instead. LOL (And marking them up...)