Beru Glow plugs - replace 1 or all??

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one open glow plug - the rest read 3-5 ohms and I assume that means they are good. Should I replace all of them do you think? Or just one at a time as they go bad. They all appear to BERU 0 100 271 101. Are BERU the best ones to get?? Thanks. Sincerely, Andy

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
It's up to you, but I changed all 8 of mine, when my controller went into it's own version of limp mode. Turns out, that I had 3 GP's burned out. Make double sure, that you use anti seize on the threads of the new plugs, when you change them. And yes, Motorcraft/Beru are the only ones recommended by most everyone here (Mostly from personal experience!)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always replaced the set. If one failed, the others are going to follow.....it's just a matter of time.

If you only can afford one, it's not going to hurt to do just one. But, otherwise, I vote for doing all 8 at a time.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Beru is the only plug recommended here. Members have tried all the rest with some very bad results up to and including piston collaspe taking out the cylinder and block. Really nobody here will admit to using the Champions or Autolites. Those seem to be the worst kind. They swell up, burn out and drop off in the cylinders. There is only around 40 thousands clearance between the head and the pistons. So any foreign material in there will ruin things quickly.