Before and after crew/brick....Body and paint.

DragRag

Reaction score
Before and after crew/brick....Body and paint. DONE, new pics.

Here is the before. Some of you may remember this one, I bought it a few months back. Anyway, it is a super clean low mileage grandpa truck. Camper shell is gone now, and it has alloys with 285's on it now. I drove it for a while, worked it just a little, nothing crazy. I decided to go ahead with the new paint. Last time I saw it the cab, and hood were sanded down to bare metal. Severe oxidation had set in, and the surface rust had set in. No rot on it being from a dry east bay Cali climate, just a little surface rust. I decided to jam this one also since there was some pealing there also. I don't think silve paint holds up to well. I should have the truck back Friday, and weather permitting have all the trim, mirrors, badges, etc back on it this weekend. I will likely throw in a new windshield to since this one has three star rock chips on it. This one should look every bit as good as the green crew 4x4 I recently sold.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes it looks good here, but in a few days or less the after pics will be up, and it should be 10 times better.

Last edited:

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a nice lookin truck. wish the body of my truck looked that good. ive been chasing down a box for 6 months now.

DragRag

Reaction score
Here are the after pics. The truck looks good in the before pic, but trust me, the paint was wasted on it. The hood and top had plenty of primered over surface rust on it. The after pics pretty much show what the truck really looks like, it's pretty clean. Next the interior gets freshened a touch, it's nice, but it will be near perfect when done to.

The camper shell is gone now, so it will not be going back on the truck. I am thinking about putting the bed liner back in it, but I am not sure I want to do that or not. The truck has never been a work truck, but it has towed a fifth wheel in the past. I will not be putting this one in the fleet, it's just to nice for that kind of duty.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Here are the after pics. The truck looks good in the before pic, but trust me, the paint was wasted on it. The hood and top had plenty of primered over surface rust on it. The after pics pretty much show what the truck really looks like, it's pretty clean. Next the interior gets freshened a touch, it's nice, but it will be near perfect when done to.

The camper shell is gone now, so it will not be going back on the truck. I am thinking about putting the bed liner back in it, but I am not sure I want to do that or not. The truck has never been a work truck, but it has towed a fifth wheel in the past. I will not be putting this one in the fleet, it's just to nice for that kind of duty.

Looks sweet!!

I kinda wish i had a bricknose interior in my truck. They were so damn durable. To think i;m actually looking for a top for my truck now, just to keep the HOA at my old mans place calm when i park there to see him.

BTW you should do a spray in bedliner. I sprayed raptorliner in my truck and a few other pool trucks. Nice stuff.

DragRag

Reaction score
I would spray in the liner if I were to keep it, this one is headed down the road. Some I keep, some I flip. The ones I flip are usually the best I have. My guys will not think twice about trashing this truck, there fuggin animals.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would spray in the liner if I were to keep it, this one is headed down the road. Some I keep, some I flip. The ones I flip are usually the best I have. My guys will not think twice about trashing this truck, there fuggin animals.
I second that comment.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Looks sweet!!

I kinda wish i had a bricknose interior in my truck. They were so damn durable. To think i;m actually looking for a top for my truck now, just to keep the HOA at my old mans place calm when i park there to see him.

BTW you should do a spray in bedliner. I sprayed raptorliner in my truck and a few other pool trucks. Nice stuff.

Top or not, I think the asshats at any HOA are going to freak out over a big orange truck :rotflmao

DragRag

Reaction score
Many thanks guys....

Note the new shop to, we just moved into it, so it is a bit messy still. The building is a total of 1400 square feet, the shop side is 800 sqft. New construction with heavy foundation, and two roll up doors. Powered with 200amps with 3 phase.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather the peel than the peeling I have! :puke:

Sweet looking truck!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Top or not, I think the asshats at any HOA are going to freak out over a big orange truck :rotflmao

The HOA i have is actually really cool. The president of the Association actually really likes my trucks alot and despises one neighbor. The said neighbor asked me to weedwack his yard while i did mine in the dark with a flashlight. I promptly told him to pound sand. They're one of those people that ask always for something but will never give in return. Well since i told them no, they called the HOA. I actually spoke with the management company and they told me stick a top on the truck for a week or two and take it back off, they don't care. They just need to snap a pic of my truck with a top on to keep on file with a recent date.

Told them no problem, i'll stick a top back on and i'll leave it on anyway. My trucks have always had toppers on. I took mine off since i was fencing in my yard, its a little hard to put fence sections in the truck bed with a cap on.