bb code injectors

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I haven't gotten any of the IH ones, but I have gotten 6.2 ones from him before. He's really good to work with, and I haven't had any problems with the injectors yet after 2000 miles.

gandalf

Reaction score
The first thing I saw when I brought up the EBay site for those injectors was the word "RE-MANUFACTURED".

For a lot of people, maybe most on this site, that's an immediate red flag. I think that most people here have not had good luck with re-manufactured injectors. Be careful.

That's not to say that MYLEX does not put out a good product (I really have no experience with them), but the odds against you have gone up, buying re-manufactured injectors, based on the group experience and wisdom.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing I saw when I brought up the EBay site for those injectors was the word "RE-MANUFACTURED".

For a lot of people, maybe most on this site, that's an immediate red flag. I think that most people here have not had good luck with re-manufactured injectors. Be careful.

That's not to say that MYLEX does not put out a good product (I really have no experience with them), but the odds against you have gone up, buying re-manufactured injectors, based on the group experience and wisdom.

ya kinda another reason to ask if anybody tried them out they sound like good company.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Lets take away the name of the company and talk just adout the re manufactored injector. Would anyone here know what the pintle and nozzle part numbers are for a Bb code injector??? The 2000 lbs pop pressure seems to sound easy to remember too. But any Bb code pops at 1850 and that has been found to be what works. Sure you can increase pop pressure upwards of 2400 lbs too.. But thats going to wear out the pump much fster. Probably only get a year on it. But hey... If it flat scoots and gets the job down why not do it. How long did you want something to live anyway... A top fuel engine lasts 1/4 miles...:eek: But thats 496 cubic inches making 1000 hp per cylinder too. We are not on that level no matter what money we pump into our idi. So to say these injectors are junk is unfair till many questions can be asked first. I want to be fair to someone making a buck out there too. We all know how to read the Hall of Shame too....:dunno:D

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
It depends on your uses also. if you are planning on having the truck a very short time and just need to get by. I would use the DCP or even those just to get the job done. if your going to keep the truck and want better quality you will go with the new Delphi. I will tell you I have rebuilt injectors for a few years on military trucks and a rebuilt injector i get from companies just to modify them are done VERY CRAPPY AND THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TIME AS POSSIBLE!

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simp 5782
good to know. but if had the money would buy a set of new and a reman set from him for comparing there gotta be someone out there that can rebuild them for a reasonable price. not saying this guy cant.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was explained to me like this. Some people will simply clean up an injector and call it a reman. It isn't it's a used injector that looks pretty. Sometimes just cleaning the crud out of them corrects whatever issues it might have had, more often it's barely passable. Also some people will clean them up and shim them to correct the pop pressure. It's a matter of controversy how important spray pattern is to an engine with a prechamber. Sources as varied as Ken and DPS and Stanadyne themselves have said only the pop pressure is really important. Most of us would like at least something close to a normal spray pattern on stock injectors with a stock engine though. A true reman is either reground or has now nozzles. Up until now, this has been as expensive if not moreso than new injectors. If the days of cheap new Delphis and Stanadynes are over then this might be changing. I personally have no problem using remans as long as I can pop test them and see where they are before I install them. I have a set in my truck that was matched from a POS set of Pensacola remans and a better set of Uhaul/DieselLogic remans last March that still seems to be pretty decent in terms of driveability and fuel economy.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
diesel jd
thx very helpful was wondering what a true reman was now i know

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know where you can get a set of 8 new Delphis shipped to your door for $230. :D

thx nice to know. thinking about getting mine pressure checked see where there at first if there not bad may as well get the full life out of them if there bad i might think about them