BB code failure

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had 6 BB injectors fail within 1000 miles. I was swapping the motor in my truck and wanted to get my injectors pop tested after being installed for only 1000 miles to make sure I didn't have any problems. When i took them to diesel injection service they found 6 of the eight would not hold pressure. Is this a common problem? When I talked the they guy at Diesel Injection Service they told me they had never had this many injectors fail that quick. They thought maybe I had something go through my fuel system.

I bough the injectors from Ebay. They were still in the box and the plastic.

:dunno

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't hold pressure at all as in leaking ?? They could have machining debris in them from manufacturing. Someone on here said their manufacturing has moved to mexico....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a fuel system issue,
I have sold hundreds and 1 has gone bad for no reason. The latest ones have been pretty clean ,the older ones did have some debris. but not even 2%

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of fuel system problem. I just put my new motor in the truck with a new fuel filter and six brand new bb's and two slightly used bb's and the truck is running good.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any dirt so small you can't see or feel it will cause the pins to stick in the nozzles. The clearance is closer than 1/2 thousands. I didn't read where you bought from so I'm not going out there bashing someone. It does seem like something got thru the filter. Keeping things as clean as an operating room helps lots. I wear white rubber gloves just so I can see the dirt on them and chnage to a clean pair whenever I work on the fuel system. Sorry for your troubles but a set of injectors from a good known source wil fix this. I would send that bad set to a member here that can test them and tell you if someone is trying to sell you what they have on the shelf...:sly

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to say it had to be my installation. I was very careful this time it makes it easier when the engine is on a stand without the injector pump or the turbo. I also did the complete return line kit while it was on the stand.