Banks sidwinder

9779scott

Reaction score
Most of my trucks have been PS, so I dont know alot about the IDI. I have a 93 with Banks sidewinder, bought it with a dropped lifter and now have it back together along with many other new parts. What is the normal boost for this setup? If I stand on it I can get about 6PSI. I have looked for leaks everywhere and found non. Any ideas? Thinking I may have to turn the pump up as it will not smoke at all. The highest EGT I have seen is 600.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
With EGT and boost numbers that low it sounds like the IP wasn't ever turned up. You have plenty of room to turn it up. Pyro is before the turbo, correct?

What type of banks kit? Tell us what shape the air filter housing is.

9779scott

Reaction score
It is the old style. Square. Not sure where the EGT probe is, I will check when the girlfriend gets home with it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
But seriously,.

That Banks System should hit 12 pretty easily. I could peg the 15 psi gauge on mine. Like the others said you can turn up you injection pump, or it may be getting weak.

9779scott

Reaction score
I am going to try going a flat at a time on the IP and see what that does. If I am not mistaken with the banks you are supposed to screw with the timing alittle to ??? Years ago I had the identical truck but it was NA and that had almost as much power as this one but it got better MPG. I am getting 14.5 with this one and I got 19 consistantly with my other one. I also would like to do some sort of cold air intake and get rid of the stock crap on the core support. Anybody have any pics of what they have done?

9779scott

Reaction score
I went 2 flats with it and it turned it into a new truck. However still not building much for boost and less then 600 egt. I am going to go alittle more on the IP as the only smoke I get is alittle whiff when planted " not that I want to throw fuel out the exhaust". I change the line to the boost gauge thinking it might have a leak but no such luck, faulty boost gauge maybe.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its truly amazing how the turbo, effectivly, doesnt give any power to an IDI. All the turbo does it provide more airflow so that when you turn up the pump, instead of high EGT's and lots of smoke, you burn more of the fuel which lowers EGT's and lowers smoke.

I think my truck has maybe 4 flats on it, maybe a little less. Thats all the allen screw would turn.

giezy

Reaction score
i have a 95 with the round filter and towing a loaded car trailer i get a little over the 900 make in egt,s but i dont have a boost gauge so i dont have any idea what boost i am running

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Most of my trucks have been PS, so I dont know alot about the IDI. I have a 93 with Banks sidewinder, bought it with a dropped lifter and now have it back together along with many other new parts. What is the normal boost for this setup? If I stand on it I can get about 6PSI. I have looked for leaks everywhere and found non. Any ideas? Thinking I may have to turn the pump up as it will not smoke at all. The highest EGT I have seen is 600.

Those are the boost and EGT number I like....easy on the motor and maybe gain 1/2 mpg or so;Sweet

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine with an adjusted wastegate will nail 12ish. With a plugged wastegate i can peg 15psi. Egts are around 1 k on hard hard towing..... normal driving is 600ish. and thats only 1.5 flats....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online