Bad problems

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Well i stayed up ill 5 this morning workin on my truck and had it running perfect,

So after i went to bed and slept till 12 i had some stuff to do so i drove my truck i start off its running great and went about 8 miles and it took off running really bad, no power missing bad and wont boost real high, highest boost i can get is 13, and the gauge flutters really bad like crazy flutter, just for the hell of it i replaced all eight injectors in it and it didnt change at all, it dont seem to smoke unusual, when i get the chance i plan on pulling the valve cover and checking everything out.
Any other ideas?

Im really pissed i put so much work in this thing and now it seems like its junk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Either injection pump or something in the valve train. Any noise when this happened...:dunno

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Either injection pump or something in the valve train. Any noise when this happened...:dunno

no noises at all, and a buddy is bringin me a compression tester tomorrow so i can check compression, its the back cylinder on the driver side thats dead it squirts fuel out when i crack the line too, im praying for a broke rocker or something simple

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Has this truck been sitting long enough to require fuel treatment and filter maintenance, algae buildup?

Yes, it sat for 8 months,the engine came out of my brown truck which up until the day i pulled it ran everyday, i had already run about 50 dolars worth of diesel threw this thing before it started acting up and i have already changed fuel filters 3 times 1 because it clogged and once to see if it made a difference putting another new one on it and once to swap to the 7.3 style but if i get it running right soon i will be running both 6.9 and 7.3 styles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US