Back in the game.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after getting rid of my 85 dually I decided I wanted a 3/4 ton ex cab, So I finally found one that was decent. It has 147,000 original miles, 6.9, C6, 3.55 gears. Found lots of receipts that go way back, Original manuals. Has a fairly new B&W gooseneck hitch, Reese hitch. Fixed the A/C Which is now ice cold, Changed all the fluids and filters, Tinted the windows, Removed the soup bowl, Removed the running boards and the trim on the side. (Still working on getting all the double sided tape off).

Here is the pic from the C-list ad.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pic after I got it home.

And pictures as of today.

Runs and drives great, Shifts real good. Mileage so far seems to be very respectable.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all!! Congrats!!

Are you planning to repaint the truck (or at least the spots where the trim piece came off)? Why'd you pull the running boards? ...it's a shame you're so far away; I'd be interested in them if you were closer...

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all!! Congrats!!

Are you planning to repaint the truck (or at least the spots where the trim piece came off)? Why'd you pull the running boards? ...it's a shame you're so far away; I'd be interested in them if you were closer...

Thanks,
The truck has sit alot, Which has faded the paint. The interior is real clean, The carpet looks new under the mats and the headliner is perfect.

Yeah I will repaint the spots where the tape pulls the paint off, Not planning on a repaint now but maybe at some point in the future. The running boards really aren't my thing, I could probably live with a step if I had to.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy the correct adhesive remover, it will seriously aid in removing the sticky stuff from your trim.

Good looking rig, I like the before and afters, it looks pretty "industrial" ;Sweet

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the correct adhesive remover, it will seriously aid in removing the sticky stuff from your trim.

Good looking rig, I like the before and afters, it looks pretty "industrial" ;Sweet

Thanks, I like the truck a lot. Most important thing to me is the truck is straight and has no rust or major body damage.

As for the trim tape I got tired of messing with it as it refused to come off without pulling the paint with it so I already sanded it all off.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
if you go to a automotive paint store, they sell what they call an eraser wheel ,i think it was like $15 it goes on a drill and will take the adhesive off with ease and doesn't hurt the paint. nice ride btw