Baby's got new shoes

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some new tires to go on my factory alcolas. I think it looks a lot better than the old chrome bulletholes. Eason
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
New tires always makes me feel good too..... Mine are just over 6 years old with plenty of life left in them but... They are at that magical limit when the thread blows off.... And that tears up the fenders badly most of the times...

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new set of tires is a great way to improve the ride, traction, and possibly quiet down the ride. All depends on what you put on. But the rims look AWESOME!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Looks like those Alcoa's will be put to good use towing that GN, Looks sweet!! I had the chrome Outlaw 2's on my truck, one cracked on the front right side. I was looking for a leak in the tire for days before my hand ran across it on the rim. :eek: That's the only time I've cracked any rim. Those rims came with the truck and it was used for logging in Oregon for its first 16 years so who knows what kind of abuse they took. I'm going to say that aftermarket steel rims may be among the worst quality there is. Those Alcoa's are probably the best rim out there for weight carrying. You now have a safer truck for running your new setup and it looks great as well. Good luck with it!!;Sweet

Last edited:

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goose I had steel rims rated at 3400 lbs (bulletholes). The chrome was just to much with the gray exterior. The bulletholes went back on the 83 diesel. Eason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance