AutoEnginuity

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you can see in my Sig. I have one, an AE. Never used it before until today. Couldn't get it to work on the Enhanced Ford. Thank's to John at AE he walked me thru the set up. Seems like they have a problem with Windows XP. Got my Buzz and Continuity check done OK. Good thing no one needed me to help them before this.

lwillson

Reaction score
Sadly, no, it cannot be used to tune. It may be with other software, but with the Autoenginuity software, it is only for reading codes and performing tests

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Sadly, no, it cannot be used to tune. It may be with other software, but with the Autoenginuity software, it is only for reading codes and performing tests
On this site it says....

Tuning Your Vehicle:
Read live sensors such as wide-band O2 sensors, fuel adaptation, MAF, ignition timing advance, and lambda readings. If your vehicle supports wide-band O2 sensors, Scan Tool can show you real-time air/fuel mixtures. Finally, data log them all in TXT, CSV, and XML formats with 1ms sampling accuracy.
  • Configure your sensors' ranges, scaling value, audible alert triggers, units, and sampling rate
  • Bi-directional support. You have the ability to initiate system and component tests

:dunno

lwillson

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on your idea of tuning.

My understanding of tuning would be to change the programming in the computer, like adding a chip or something to that effect

You can monitor all the sensors, and it works very good for that, but you cannot change the actual program in the computer.

As for "Configure your sensors' ranges, scaling value, audible alert triggers, units, and sampling rate", this means you can change the sampling rate that the autoenginuity software polls the sensors. By default the software only polls sensors every 100ms, but you can change it down to 1ms.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you are saying, I wonder if there is a way to tune with a laptop?

I'm far from a computer geek, so I wouldn't know. But a computer is required to use the AE.

Since you have the web site, read all of what it can do. And what OS systems it is compatable with.

Windows XP has a little problem with it, just have to uncheck the " Launch on connection" and specify the Ford J1850PWM protocol for 7.3 PSD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online