ATS turbo

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Is the intake on a early nonwastgated ,ATS turbo 2 3/4 inches? ( seems like an odd size) should I bump that up to 3 or 4" to put a K&n type filter Thanks ED

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
the airbox they come with is a 3" mine came with an adapter, I ran 3" plumbing to a 3"-4" adapter then to a napa 6637... I'll try to find a pic but you can get a silicone piece pretty easily thats 2.75"

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Bingo!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

course I have a cowl hood that I made... but you could still do the same with a smaller air filter, or route it to a better location like by the firewall for some cold air action, or use the stock air box and get a hypermax cold air intake... just a few options.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Oldblue:

How did the piece of tubing coming out of the turbo fit. i have been wanting to open up the intake on my truck but it looks like the fuel line from the filter head to the IP would get in the way.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where he got it but I have had great experience with silicone intakes.:)

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Oldblue:

How did the piece of tubing coming out of the turbo fit. i have been wanting to open up the intake on my truck but it looks like the fuel line from the filter head to the IP would get in the way.

That piece of aluminum is sitting on that line, prob not the best, I plan to put some fuel line or something rubber over the hard line to keep it from eventually rubbing thorugh, just need more time. I kinda cheated it a little by pushing the air filter where I wanted it then running the clamps down on the boots, currently the only thing holding it in position is the turbo.

Where did you get the 90 for the intake into the turbo?

frozen boost / silicone intakes, its not a 90, its a 135 bend. I have a 180 they sent me by mistake i'll sell for next to nothing to help ya out, all you'll have to do is cut it where you want it to stop then put a boot on, I actually need to cut about an inch off one end of that bend... just haven't.

I don't know where he got it but I have had great experience with silicone intakes.:)

great quality parts, **** poor customer service, **** poor. Don't ask why, I have things to do today other than rant.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you need customer service for??? It is pipes and silicone boots.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
What do you need customer service for??? It is pipes and silicone boots.

they sent wrong parts which left me not being able to drive my truck for a week, didn't answer phone calls, return phone calls, barely responded to emails, then finally sent the correct parts a few days later via ground

Edit: just pm me if someone wants the part