ATS Turbo kit- complete and working

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a complete as you'll find turbo kit from my IDI 7.3. Provided me with about 7 psi and had about 8k miles since rebuild.
I bought it here a few years back and have enjoyed it much. Lots of whistle and power. It was solid but my engine has died and I'm not planning to run a turbo on my other IDI trucks. No gauges are included. It's everything pictured. If I've left something out that should be here please tell me, cause I just pulled it off the truck, which is still here.

$800 plus any shipping or if you are close enough maybe we could meet up.(I live in zip 47025)
You must be registered for see images attach

Next stop will be fleabay

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found I have transportation for this turbo kit from Cincinnati OH area to the Boston MA area.

A friend, who volunteered to haul this, will be traveling from Cincinnati thru Cleveland OH and Albany NY toward Boston the week of May 19th. So if theres interest in New England from anybody, He said a meet up is possible during his driving route.

Please let me know.

Anyone down south KY or TN - I'll mail it or meet up depending how far.

IDIDREW

Reaction score
On the compressor wheel photo, there seems to be oil surrounding the edges, is that correct? I am interested in getting this for a 1992 7.3 I just picked up. I need to make sure the motor is healthy prior to adding a turbo but at 174K miles I don't think much can be wrong although it sat for 10 years...

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know,
I never had oil consumed by this turbo. I never had to add oil between changes. I always had about 7 psi of boost. Then my truck died with a cracked head. I priced new heads, at $1400 for 2. I have 2 other IDI truck to use and a PSD.
So here I am.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears to be the cdr making it dirty. The "new one" I used with this turbo hadn't been installed before. But is was new on the shelf for past 20 years... I'm going to post this on eBay later.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These engines make the turbo oily, it is nothing to worry about. You will know when turbo seals fail, which they dont do for many miles.

FYI folks, that is a smokin deal for a complete turbo kit.

Drew, best thing to do for a sitting truck is get it running, do fluid changes/checks and pull a load to heat it up and seat the rings again. Works wonders.

IDIDREW

Reaction score
These engines make the turbo oily, it is nothing to worry about. You will know when turbo seals fail, which they dont do for many miles.

FYI folks, that is a smokin deal for a complete turbo kit.

Drew, best thing to do for a sitting truck is get it running, do fluid changes/checks and pull a load to heat it up and seat the rings again. Works wonders.

THANKS!!!

Truck runs and drives its the Stopping part I am now working on!!! I have a new RABS unit to pop on then it is just finding and fixing whatever else pops up.

I am still quite interested in the turbo kit shipped to 98059 if it is still up for grabs.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna give myself a shameless bump here-
It's still for sale.
It works great. Ready to bolt on and run.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI to the buyer;
While the kit is out and during a fresh install,now is the time to upgrade that crushed downpipe.
Rather than use that one,call up banks and tell them you have the factory '93 turbo and you would like their downpipe.
It's uncrushed,so you would need to cut your cab seams and bend them flat,like we do with all the aftermarket turbo kits.
It will make that turbo perform much,much better and you'll have lower EGT's.

I dunno who bought it and if your aware.I know if I just bought this and a 100$ pipe was sold to make it perform at least 1/4 better and no one told me before I put it in,Id be steaming.:D
Lots of info on the board about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86