Ats turbo blanket?

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got about everything I need to install a 093 factory turbo on my 91 7.3 with a zf5.
Just waiting on injectors and it will all be ready to go back together.
In the mean time ive been cleaning up all the parts and I wrapped my dp crossover pipe and up pipe to the turbo. Now I'm wondering which turbo blanket will fit the 093 ats?

Anyone used the t3/t4 blankets that they sell on eBay? How do they fit, if they fit at all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Seems like a great idea. I know of one member that tells me they really work.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If nothing else it will at least keep under hood temps down to a minimum. I just wanna make sure when I buy the blanket its one that is gonna fit.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'll take your word for it!
I kinda figured as much but I like measuring twice and cutting once if you know what I mean

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just might look into this for my Banks sidewinder wastegated turbo. It can't hurt really and the benefits outweigh the cost.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When you keep the heat in the turbo case and the exhaust manifolds and pipes BEFORE the turbo you make more boost and hp. The hotter the gas the more hp comes from it. Its like water pressure making hp spinning a water turbine. The higher the water presure is the higher the hp rating is going thru the turbine water wheel. This is why hydro plants have water falling the distance it does. Hoover and Glenn Canyon dam drops water about 600 ft to the turbines.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive heard it keeps the heat where it needs to be. In turn it helps with quicker turbo spool and also keeps underhood temps down if you run some sort of CAI that's all under the hood

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online