ATS elbow and downpipe

David94IDIT

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a turbo outlet and downpipe from ATS. I want to purchase these two parts. According to ATS I cannot do it without purchasing the tubine housing also. The whole kit comes to around 600.00.

I few weeks ago I read somewhere that someone is now working as a go between (middle man or distributor) for ATS. I cannot find his thread. It included his number.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just buy the outlet and the downpipe. Thats what I bought. I can't say I see noticable difference in power but I do have cooler egts and alot deeper tone in my exhaust. I will say ats takes their precious time to ship stuff. I will never deal with them again because they gave me the run around for a month and a half. Even when I called them several times to confirm they were shipping my items they never did and always had some lame excuse. If I was you I would just make a 3" downpipe yourself and save yourself the hassle of tearing your turbo off and dealing with ats. Thats just my .02 though.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I got all three. Can't give you a before and after 'cuz I installed the parts prior to installing the turbo on my truck.

David94IDIT

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. They told me their elbow will not fit on the stock turbo and that I had to buy the turbine housing.

bigguy22

bigguy22
Reaction score
JUST ORDERED MINE MONDAY

Yes they told that the down pipe wouidn't fix shock ford because the housing and the down pipe is what ford changed to make a ford set up. By change the housing and down pipe it would make it the same as the kit they sell. In shock I was told and would shipped the next day. I hope I don't have wait a mouth for it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats funny because they are exactly the same turbo. Just order the outlet and downpipe and tell them if you need more you will call back, their customer service sucks for older trucks.

bigguy22

bigguy22
Reaction score
I most of got sucked in to the bull s@@t but it's on order I'll let you guys know if there's any differnce.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed out my stock ford turbine housing and down pipe to the ATS housing and down pipe a couple of years ago (did order from ATS, but was before they started phasing out IDI stuff) I noticed more power above 2400 rpm's after turning up the IP again because egt dropped as did smoke output after the install

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got them from http://www.jhdiesel.com/ats_exhaust.htm . They are really nice people. You can get just the outlet housing and downpipe from them no problem. You can use the outlet housing without the turbine housing. Talk with Anthony or Mike, if you want the whole kit it's part 73UKT, or if you just want the downpipe and the outlet housing just tell them. I got the downpipe and outlet housing for $373 but that was 3 years ago.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
DUDE! Brandon where the heck have you been! I got thinking about you the other day, I was like I havent seen him on here in ages!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought the whole kit that includes the 3" exhaust.biggest waste of money!!!!for 800 dollars i expected a clamp to hold the downpipe to the outlet housing.there isnt one.they give you this stupid little twisted bracket thingy that didnt work on my truck.i had to make a spacer for it.the first pipe to meet the downpipe isnt even spread to go over the downpipe.they butt the 2 together and hope a band clamp will keep them together and not leak.mine leaks like hell at the outlet housing and downpipe and leaks where they butt the downpipe and first pipe together.the tail pipe hits my frame,springs and rear fuel tank.but thats probably cuz mine is a cab/chassis not a pickup so my rear tank and springs are in a different location than a normal pickup.my egts went up instead of down.if i didnt cut my stock down pipe into a bunch of pieces id put my stock stuff back on and cut this ATS pile of junk up and return it to them in a 6"x6"x6" box.ill never buy it again and i will not recomend thier junk to anybody.save your money and get something from somebody else or make your own,itll be better than that crap ats is selling you.-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss junk junk junk!!!!!!!

and yes thier customer service is just as bad as the crap they sell you.they suck!!!they wouldnt even tell me what that stupid little twisted bracket thing was for.i had to ask here what it was for.and when i found out i was super heated.i spent 800.00 on this crap and they give me a 2 dollar piece of junk to hold a pipe up and then hope it dont leak?they said to wait till it fills with soot and it will stop leaking.well its still leaking 2 years later!!!!thank god there is more than ATS makeing stuff for the PSDs.not one ATS part on my psd and thats how its gonna stay!!damn im mad now!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought the whole kit that includes the 3" exhaust.biggest waste of money!!!!for 800 dollars i expected a clamp to hold the downpipe to the outlet housing.there isnt one.they give you this stupid little twisted bracket thingy that didnt work on my truck.i had to make a spacer for it.the first pipe to meet the downpipe isnt even spread to go over the downpipe.they butt the 2 together and hope a band clamp will keep them together and not leak.mine leaks like hell at the outlet housing and downpipe and leaks where they butt the downpipe and first pipe together.the tail pipe hits my frame,springs and rear fuel tank.but thats probably cuz mine is a cab/chassis not a pickup so my rear tank and springs are in a different location than a normal pickup.my egts went up instead of down.if i didnt cut my stock down pipe into a bunch of pieces id put my stock stuff back on and cut this ATS pile of junk up and return it to them in a 6"x6"x6" box.ill never buy it again and i will not recomend thier junk to anybody.save your money and get something from somebody else or make your own,itll be better than that crap ats is selling you.-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss junk junk junk!!!!!!!

and yes thier customer service is just as bad as the crap they sell you.they suck!!!they wouldnt even tell me what that stupid little twisted bracket thing was for.i had to ask here what it was for.and when i found out i was super heated.i spent 800.00 on this crap and they give me a 2 dollar piece of junk to hold a pipe up and then hope it dont leak?they said to wait till it fills with soot and it will stop leaking.well its still leaking 2 years later!!!!thank god there is more than ATS makeing stuff for the PSDs.not one ATS part on my psd and thats how its gonna stay!!damn im mad now!!
hey rich-
I have a stocker OEM setup that I am willing to trade with $$$ for your ATS junk in exchange:D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry calvin but i aint goin through the nightmare of swapping back to stock and not haveing the enjoyment of destroying the junk and sending it back with a note thats says F@#$ you.your stuff is junk and here it is.-cuss-cuss

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUDE! Brandon where the heck have you been! I got thinking about you the other day, I was like I havent seen him on here in ages!

Sean, I'm still alive and kickin!! It's been about a while since I've been on. I got really busy with farm work and didn't have time to get on. I'll be on here alot more now as my truck is down with a blown head gasket. I don't do much posting since I'm on dial up and it takes so friken long to post-cuss.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
How did you blow the head gasket in a rebuilt 7.3? I thought it wasnt really possible. 6.9's are the ones that are supposed to do that. You had just put new head gaskets in that thing before the moose pump and cooler right? I thought you'd torn that thing all the way down?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin