Are TTB50 and dana 60 knuckles identical?

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please no armchair mechanics. I want to know if they are odentical.

Basically has anyone used a dana 50 hub amd associated components on a dana 60? Are caster angles the same?

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckles are different. Everything else is the same. Brake caliper brackets, spindle, hub, bearings, and locking hub. I have swapped the parts many times on my offroad rigs.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPINDLES are NOT I repeat N O T the same!!!!!

Hubs are same there is some pics on here where I've posted to SHOW and PROVE 60 vs 50 spindles are completely different!

I'll try and dig them up.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the spindles And brakes I had on my jeep were pulled from the wrong vehicle. I did not pull them I bought them from a guy that had already removed them. But they swapped straight to my 1993 ball joint 60 I had under it. I traded some work for an empty 60 housing plus the knuckles. Then bought the brakes and stuff later.

Then before I recently traded the jeep off for the idi we swapped all my axle shafts, brakes, steering,
and knuckles into my brother rig that has a balljoint 60 as well. I'm sorry for the misinformation. I figured since we swapped stuff around it was the same.

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas thank you. I shall do a detailed writeup on something major as a way of saying thank you.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no direct experience, so you can call me a "armchair mechanic" on this one, but I have heard the spindles are not the same, but will work. The knuckles where the balljoints mount will not swap. The spindles will work, but they do not fit the hole snug in the knuckle. The small bolt circle is the same and they will bolt up, it's just there will be a gap where it fits against the knuckle. Some people do not worry about this and seem to have no trouble. Some people think this compromises some strength and do not recommend it.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, instead of the spindle resting on the knuckle, the only thing that will be holding the spindle will be the studs, and on a diesel this is NOT acceptable. I would do this on a trail truck or a half ton with one tons, but never on a road driven and towing diesel.

Get on Pirate4x4 and check with members and vendors to find what you need, and at a decent price.