anyone wanna trade?

devinf350

Reaction score
hey guys i posted a thread on here a couple of weeks back about a custom turbo system and i just think its gonna be to much for me. I have a brand new turbo for a 6.0 powerstroke diesel and am wanting to trade it for a 7.3 turbo for my truck. if you know anyone who would be interested please let me know.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
early 7.3 powerstroke or late model 7.3 powerstroke. I have both. Im planning to use the late model on a stroke Im rebuilding, no idea what I would use a vvt 6.0 turbo for, but that could make for something interesting.

let me know what your thinking, that and why you are going through all the hassle when there are very good kits available.

punk

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
early 7.3 powerstroke or late model 7.3 powerstroke. I have both. Im planning to use the late model on a stroke Im rebuilding, no idea what I would use a vvt 6.0 turbo for, but that could make for something interesting.

let me know what your thinking, that and why you are going through all the hassle when there are very good kits available.

punk

punk i need that early non wastegated turbo if nothing is wrong with it, how much do you want for it?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
hey guys i posted a thread on here a couple of weeks back about a custom turbo system and i just think its gonna be to much for me. I have a brand new turbo for a 6.0 powerstroke diesel and am wanting to trade it for a 7.3 turbo for my truck. if you know anyone who would be interested please let me know.

i have a 99-03 7.3 psd turbo

devinf350

Reaction score
hey punk...is that 7.3 stroker turbo wastegated? i have a 7.3 idi non turbo so i need a turbo that is gonna be sinple to run. how does the oiling assemply work on it?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
hey punk...is that 7.3 stroker turbo wastegated? i have a 7.3 idi non turbo so i need a turbo that is gonna be sinple to run. how does the oiling assemply work on it?

i have a wategated 7.3 psd turbo, and im wanting a non wastegated one;Sweet

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 7.3 turbo that's in great shape if you want to trade. No in and out play at all and minimal side to side (minimal as in as little as any turbo I've seen brand new included) I could use a spare 6.0 turbo if you're interested. Seems you've got lots of offers. Let us know what you decide.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Devin, your best bet is to find a used hypermax or ats kit and bolt it on. Getting a psd turbo on is no easy task, not impossible but not easy.

Dyoung, ill check this one over and see what it needs if anything. I think it needs rebuilt but cant remember why off hand.

Punk

devinf350

Reaction score
dirtleg...is that 7.3 turbo wastegated or require any computer contol to operate. my truck has no computer so the turbo needs to be completely machanical

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
the only thing with the ats or hypermax turbo is they only pull like 7 to 9 pounds of boost...and that aint worth 3500$ to me

Any more and you are looking for trouble unless you have head studs. Besides, you can get almost 20lbs out of n ats or hypermax turbo w enough fuel

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dirtleg...is that 7.3 turbo wastegated or require any computer contol to operate. my truck has no computer so the turbo needs to be completely machanical

Devin the turbo I have is wastegated but it's controlled by boost pressure mechanically through a diaphragm on the turbo. You don't need any computer interaction whatsoever. It's also got the .84 AR turbine housing so it will spool quicker than an earlier powerstroke turbo. PM me if you think it's something you want to trade.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Google maps we're 350 miles apart. The halfway point would be Marion Va. I can check with the wife about Sunday the 20th. She may already have planned something (I always find out just prior to). I'll let you know.