Anyone Using Amsoil EaO99

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Like the title states is anyone using this oil filter on a stock 7.3 idi style setup?

I know it has been posted a lot about being able to use PSD filters on our trucks that hold an additional quart but I just wanted to make sure that it will fit in the stock location.

Mine is just the stock F250 4x4 so I dont know if that allows for more room or less room vs say a 2wd, or d60 4x4 truck.

Not really looking to get into a debate on it being the best choice as there is already a thread running on it, just want to double check as I don't want to have all the oil drained out and find out it hits.

Thanks

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Well update on this I finally got it ordered and installed.

If anyone is curious it is a huge filter lol, but that is to be expected since it holds a quart more and is originally for the PSD.

It is a 25,000 mile filter listed at 98.7% at 20 microns but I of course will be testing mine as I go. If anyone wants any more info on the filter, specific size measurements, etc just let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach

The only "issue" I had as far as fitment goes is it does end up being very close to the oil pan and brake line. I figured with the movement from the motor I would go ahead and just use a heavy duty zip tie and pull the brake line up into the crossmember a little better just to be safe.

If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to post them up.

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats about how the psd 1995 filter fits too. BTW that larger 3/8 inch line by the protected brake line is the fuel line from the tanks. Its supposed to be fastened to the cross member just like the brake line.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Thats about how the psd 1995 filter fits too. BTW that larger 3/8 inch line by the protected brake line is the fuel line from the tanks. Its supposed to be fastened to the cross member just like the brake line.

They both were fastened like they should be just the brake line stuck out a small amount and it was right where the filter came in on an angle.

I just zip tied it closer to make sure that it prevented it from knocking against the filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online