Anyone trading in their clunker?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys are going to trade your current ride in under the cash for clunkers program. To paraphrase Charlton Heston they can pry me from my IDI when I die. Now if I see that on a bumper sticker just make sure that I get my cut since I am the one who came up with the slogan. That also would include T shirts or other paraphernalia :backoff

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no intention of giving up my truck, but I'm wishing I hadn't gotten rid of my old '79 300SD...except for the fact that I don't think it would have qualified for the program, That, and I can't even joke about affording a new car at the moment...

If this program had come about 2 years from now, it would have been much better for me, but c'est la vie...

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There not getting either of my trucks. If I was ever in the mind(cookoo) to buy a new car I'ld trade in my van.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worse part of the deal is they render the engines useless. They drain off oil and put sodium silicate in. They then start the engine and it dies in a few seconds. I bet that will make the prices of used engines go up.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
they deal is a NO DEAL... nothing they have will fit my family needs. My buddy has owned his truck for years the state never sent him the title and he tried to trade it in for a Honda for his son... Salesman not title in hand no deal.;Really

RedTruck

Reaction score
I don't care to participate in any government program my kids will have to pay for that will result in personal transportation, "public ownership" of a "private corporation", or preventing someone from going through bankrupcy. My wife and I are going to buy a car. I'm sure it's on "the list", but I will not explain to the up and coming generations how I got funding from the government for a vehicle that will probably not last 10 years. Why should they have to pay for my vehicle? Why should any of you pay for my vehicle?

Paul

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always paid cash for all my vehicles, if I cannot afford a new vehicle before the rebate I doubt I can can afford on after the rebate. Plus I hate vehicles with OBDII, they have cost me tons of money in the past. That's why I bought an "old diesel clunker". Plus by keeping this one out of the scrap bin I am reusing, recycling and working renewing! The greenies should be happy as could be, not to mention I get better economy than the truck I would replace it with, particulate filters BLOW!

geno8769

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care to participate in any government program my kids will have to pay for that will result in personal transportation, "public ownership" of a "private corporation", or preventing someone from going through bankrupcy. My wife and I are going to buy a car. I'm sure it's on "the list", but I will not explain to the up and coming generations how I got funding from the government for a vehicle that will probably not last 10 years. Why should they have to pay for my vehicle? Why should any of you pay for my vehicle?

Paul

Amen!

I hate the fact that I have been paying bonuses to Wall Street Guys who mismanaged companies so badly they shouldnt have jobs. Now because they were to big to fail they have gotten Billions in Bonuses.

Insanity

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I might if I owed a "clunker"... Let me check my driveway... Nope, no "clunkers" here. I only have a running IDI that "rattles". I fixed the "clunk" I had when turning... LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't ever want to see this truck scrapped. I guess they just want the old iron gone, hopefully the next step isn't FORCING us to park these things. I have no need or desire for a new truck, a new truck payment, more insurance, or helping to scrap old iron.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I don't ever want to see this truck scrapped. I guess they just want the old iron gone, hopefully the next step isn't FORCING us to park these things. I have no need or desire for a new truck, a new truck payment, more insurance, or helping to scrap old iron.

Forcing me to park it?!? How could they LEGALLY do that? They can't "force" me to park it if I'm driving it on my own property. :sly

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
our trucks dont qualify anyway. You have to get a LOWER mile per gallon than what your trading it in on. The worst idi gets 12 and the best 6.4 gets the same. Stupid freaking govermental BS.

f em all

punk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online