Anyone trading in their clunker?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
our trucks dont qualify anyway. You have to get a LOWER mile per gallon than what your trading it in on. The worst idi gets 12 and the best 6.4 gets the same. Stupid freaking govermental BS.

f em all

punk

They would if you were trading for a small car I guess, but I'm with everyone else...I prefer my daughter not have to pay for this stupidness, and her kids, and their kids.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also would be hard to qualify because our trucks never had EPA mileage tests.

Look in the window of a new superduty and you won't see a mileage rating there.

The program is just an extention of the auto bailout. Like it or not you are all going to buy new vehicles. Canada doesn't have a program like this (I don't think) though the liberal and NDP opposition parties were calling for it. So far it hasn't happened, than god.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Forcing me to park it?!? How could they LEGALLY do that? They can't "force" me to park it if I'm driving it on my own property. :sly

I wonder if ULSD is the start...what happens when they find our taxes aren't enough to pay for this BS? They tax the fuel to the extent you will have to take out a loan for a tank full. That or they will keep "refining" (pun intended) the requirements and eventually our trucks may not run the fuel, or they retro smog requirements, or they...ah hell, you guys know all the ways and I think most are smart enough to know this is the kind of administration that given enough time, it won't be a matter of if, but when!

I guess even with all their faults, I'll take the "take no prisoner" administration over the "hold them all hostage" type any day of the week!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it looks like these trucks would qualify based on what I was reading, they will take it in and destroy it and give you 3500 for any work truck or cargo van "class 3 truck" like the F250 and up as long as it's older than 2001 and you can only apply the credit to an 09 truck <45,000 dollars. That having been said I have so many memories attached to this thing I'd hate to let it go and I couldn't bear to see it not go to someone who would love it and/or use all that's good out of it rather than just destroy it for political reasons. I hope the system continues to screw up and this ends up being an embarrassment.

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll go a little sideways. With all these "changes" that the new government has put in, I have yet to here anything usefull. We need a leader that will stand up and say that its time to get off our a** and do something. That we shouldn't be waiting on a check from the government. Its not right to penalize the people who are working to pay for the ones who don't want to. I know that there are people who are trying to find a job and doing all that they can but the ones who don't want one seem to outnumber those that do. I here of two many people complaining because they can't get a job. These people may or may not have a hs diploma and no expeirence and they expect a shop like I work at to give them a job for 40,000 a year. I'm sorry but McDonalds is hiring. All the construction companies in my town are looking for grunts. I don't think we have a lack of jobs I think we have a lack of people willing to put in hard work. I love my job. I get no vacation, no sick days, I get paid by the car I fix. I would love if America went back to peice work. So if you work harder and smarter you get ahead.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll go a little sideways. With all these "changes" that the new government has put in, I have yet to here anything usefull. We need a leader that will stand up and say that its time to get off our a** and do something. That we shouldn't be waiting on a check from the government. Its not right to penalize the people who are working to pay for the ones who don't want to. I know that there are people who are trying to find a job and doing all that they can but the ones who don't want one seem to outnumber those that do. I here of two many people complaining because they can't get a job. These people may or may not have a hs diploma and no expeirence and they expect a shop like I work at to give them a job for 40,000 a year. I'm sorry but McDonalds is hiring. All the construction companies in my town are looking for grunts. I don't think we have a lack of jobs I think we have a lack of people willing to put in hard work. I love my job. I get no vacation, no sick days, I get paid by the car I fix. I would love if America went back to peice work. So if you work harder and smarter you get ahead.

I'm canadian, but that lesson applies to us too. The hall mark of a truly free and great nation is one that allows the individual to succeed.......but also is also allowing individuals to fail. You can't give to some one what hasn't been taken away from some one else in the first place. But when government does that, the amount of waste along the way is staggering.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are no construction jobs here. No class B truck driving jobs either. Financial jobs are down everything is down. Here in NJ we have an unemployment rate of 9.2% where as Kansas where you are has a rate of 7.0%.

Now lets talk about the population differences, and land differences.

According to http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/usapopa.htm Kansas has a population of 2,802,134 and New Jersey has a population of 8,682,661.

Land area in square miles for Kansas is 81,815 and New Jersey's land area in square miles is 7,417

Population density in square miles for Kansas is 34.25 and New Jersey's is 1,170.64

So you were saying that there are people that don't want to work?. I wonder what your unemployment rate would jump to if everyone unemployed in NJ went to Kansas to look for work. Just be glad that your unemployment rate is relatively low to the rest of the nation. I'm sure that Kansas does not also have an illegal immigrant problem or not as many illegal immigrants there as there are here.

Furthermore your post has nothing to do with the thread at all. The initial question was who here is trading in their IDI under the clunker program. Perhaps your upset that McCain lost the election but this forum is not the place to take out your political frustrations and rants. This is a forum for IDI trucks and nothing political at all. Feel free to take your political view rants somewhere where it is more appropriate.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offence Compu Doc, but seeing the news it seems government corruption is a bigger problem in NJ than population density or unemployment rates. Can't help but wonder if one leads to the other.....;Really

As far as ranting on the current government, thats the right of any citizen no matter what party wins.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no construction jobs here. No class B truck driving jobs either. Financial jobs are down everything is down. Here in NJ we have an unemployment rate of 9.2% where as Kansas where you are has a rate of 7.0%.

Now lets talk about the population differences, and land differences.

According to http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/usapopa.htm Kansas has a population of 2,802,134 and New Jersey has a population of 8,682,661.

Land area in square miles for Kansas is 81,815 and New Jersey's land area in square miles is 7,417

Population density in square miles for Kansas is 34.25 and New Jersey's is 1,170.64

So you were saying that there are people that don't want to work?. I wonder what your unemployment rate would jump to if everyone unemployed in NJ went to Kansas to look for work. Just be glad that your unemployment rate is relatively low to the rest of the nation. I'm sure that Kansas does not also have an illegal immigrant problem or not as many illegal immigrants there as there are here.

Furthermore your post has nothing to do with the thread at all. The initial question was who here is trading in their IDI under the clunker program. Perhaps your upset that McCain lost the election but this forum is not the place to take out your political frustrations and rants. This is a forum for IDI trucks and nothing political at all. Feel free to take your political view rants somewhere where it is more appropriate.

I think his post was directly related to the original topic, he was giving his thoughts on the program in question and the administration that lead to the "waste of money". I totally agree with his stand and being in KY where our unemployment rate is 11.1% I truly believe that there are a lot of lazy ass people out there. I was a cop for a while and every other piece of crap that I had to deal with, when asked what their occupation was, they would say "I draws", which meant they were getting a government check to set on their ass while I was working to put money in their pocket. I know plenty of people who were laid off because of the economy and the only ones who don't have jobs still are the ones who never tried to get another or they decided they like working for theirself better. I currently run a business and am going back to school to finish up an education degree, my business is horribly down because the economy but I am getting no help from the government, nor do i want it. I am having to get loans to pay for school because I am not a minority, so I think that if you want to get ahead in this country all it takes is ambition, and I see a lot of people lacking that, everywhere I go, most of them just stand with their hand out waiting for the next person to put a check in it. I agree that their are some people in this world that truly need our help but, there are those that just abuse the system and live off of other people, when they are capable but just too d@mn lazy to do it. That is my rant, but it may not be correct because I don't live where you do.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
im not politically correct. I vote for the simple fact that I can ***** when it all goes wrong, and that too many people gave too much to give me that right. I for one dont think that my vote counts. I lived in Indiana and watched the electoral congress put our vote in against the majority, thats goverment math I guess.

Its all a big game lining deep pockets behind closed doors.

Problem with the game is the money used to line those pockets comes from the sweat of the "grunts" and "laborers". Us grunts are getting hungery for lack of food, and starting to catch on to the fact that the chunk of our paycheck that we never get to touch is getting bigger and the price of goods is going up.

The less compliant and complacent the majority is the less hold the "powerful" minority has.

Change is on the horizon and the murmurs have begun. They are always taking and we are less willing to give what is rightfully ours to keep.

punk

btw this does relate to the "clunkers" program. They start this garbage under the guise of cleaner cars on the road and in ten years outlaw anything over 30 years old, then penalize the salvage yards, and finally what ever is left is "new" "green" and "marketable". They have to do it in small steps to try and make it look like progress. I think we are in a state of Regress.

Our trucks get twice the mileage on the same fuel and pull the same loads the new ones do. They dont do it as fast but they get the job done. They cut the emissions out the tailpipe but by how much in comparison. The soot is lower but what about the "5 gas" reading. If it isnt less than half of my truck then they made no improvement, aside from forcing a population to buy a vehicle that is "cleaner" yet burns more gallons of the precious fuel that lines SOOOO many DEEEEP pockets all over the world.

Makes me REALLY REALLY Pissed off to be pissed on this hard!

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offence Compu Doc, but seeing the news it seems government corruption is a bigger problem in NJ than population density or unemployment rates. Can't help but wonder if one leads to the other.....;Really

As far as ranting on the current government, thats the right of any citizen no matter what party wins.

Yes Government corruption is a problem here just as it is anywhere else. The difference being we go after corrupt politicians where as other states let it slide under the rug. We have been going after them and successfully prosecuting them for the past 10 years.

And as far as ranting on the current government it is the right of every citizen in this country to rant about it. They just have to do it where it is more appropriate. There is a sited called "The Diesel Stop" that had a political discussion forum and it got out of hand so they removed it. No political discussions are allowed there anymore.

And quite possibly here as well. In the rules of this board oilburners.net it states (2) No spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind by members.
Any such messages can be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.

Spamming of members via PM(Private Messaging) or emails is strictly prohibited as is Spamming of the Forum topics to advertise your
business,services or "personal pursuits".

Now I would classify what Adam G posted as a "personal pursuit"

As for Canada law about rants on forum message boards the rules are different. Recently in your country a woman was sued for liable and slander for $14,000 and she lost her case. It had to do with a puppy she bought from a kennel that was sick. She posted on how the kennel was a puppy mill on various message boards. The owners of the kennel sued her for calling the place a puppy mill and she lost. Had that of happened in this country she would probably not have lost because the fact is there was over 1000 dogs kept in the unhealthiest conditions. Under those conditions a place like that in the US would be considered a puppy mill and the woman would have been correct with her statements.

I guess the people in Canada do not have the freedoms we do here.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you feel the need to attack canada based on rumors of a single $14000 lawsuite, I only mentioned my country because I felt we have some of the same problems of bloated social programs as in the states.

And yes, I agree with the other guys here that this is still on topic. The clunker cash is a government slush fund like most other government programs.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
anyone else find it "odd" that the laws used to be written to protect the people as a whole and further the country as a whole. Now more and more they are written to restrict or hinder those same people under the guise of furthering that same country. I have met a few lawyers in the circles I frequent and I can say that of those I have met, 90% are money/power hungry slime looking to use the system anyway they can to make the most money. The other 10% are fighting the rest to try and keep things somewhat under control.

so to summarize so far. 90% percent of the lawyers are corrupt 90+% of the government is corrupt, the corrupt section makes up less than 5% percent of the total populus and the people losing the most from that 5% are the 90-95% majority (i.e. hard working middle to lower class) oh, wait have to take into account the "dead beats" I guess we are only 75-80% of the total. Still that is by far the biggest number of single individuals in this whole paragraph.

nope not politically correct and not too happy with too many people in power.

Hoping and working for better changes, not the sugar coated festering **** they feed us as "change" now.

Theirs some political correctness for you!

Punk

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you feel the need to attack canada based on rumors of a single $14000 lawsuite, I only mentioned my country because I felt we have some of the same problems of bloated social programs as in the states.

And yes, I agree with the other guys here that this is still on topic. The clunker cash is a government slush fund like most other government programs.

I am not attacking Canada. I am just making a factual statement. The $14,000 lawsuit for libel and slander is not a rumor at all.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Online+posts+bite+kennel/1835199/story.html

As can be seen by the above link.

I also did not make a comment about you attacking NJ and I am sure you weren't you were just making a statement about the political corruptness of this state as a fact as well as I pointed out a fact that we go after our corrupt politicians. Other states have yet to do so.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back off on the political barbs guys.
this thread will get dumped into the Refinery tomorrow when Mel catches wind of it.
you can beat the crap out of each other there;Sweet
compu doc-
you've forgotten why we are here now.
most of the mods are the worst offenders from there.
heated discussions are ok in the right sections.
should it get out of hand, a padlock is thrown and no feelings are hurt from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent