Anyone in the Market?

Fredrickson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a tank selector probably a "Battery Disconnect". Kills the power to the solenoids and relays that connect to all the stuff in the box.

87 model year listed as a powerstroke? hmmm..

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a surprisingly large amount of people who don't know there were diesel fords that are not powerstrokes.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys are lucky, where i live i am the only person around here with an idi. there was another guy that had one near me but i think he sold it. it is also very rare to find an idi on my local craigslist too

Fredrickson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Belchertown is close to me, actually hauling wood over there this weekend. The Philly one is nice, like a knock off centurion? There is a 7.3 I think 93 or 94 down the road just sitting in a dudes lot, lots of rot, the red bed isn't mounted and the electric blue cab has no corners.

Why do we have to salt roads?

Then there is the towing company close by me which has what looks to be 3 or 4 OBS trucks parked and I hope one is an IDI for me to snag. Theres also an F600 I drool over. May need to befriend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
(93? powerstoke? nope)
I don't know. I talked to a guy who worked for our sister shop. He swore that he saw one in a 1993. He said that it must have escaped from the factory. Was he full of "it"? Probably, but since I wasn't there and he didn't take pictures, I can't know for sure either way.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I talked to a guy who worked for our sister shop. He swore that he saw one in a 1993. He said that it must have escaped from the factory. Was he full of "it"? Probably, but since I wasn't there and he didn't take pictures, I can't know for sure either way.

The first year for a factory Powerstroke was mid-1994. The truck in my avatar is a 94.5 Powerstroke. My 93 IDIT has been down for over a year awaiting an engine overhaul. Once the engine is overhauled the Powerstroke will be gone. Maybe someone swapped a Powerstroke into the 93?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys are lucky, where i live i am the only person around here with an idi. there was another guy that had one near me but i think he sold it. it is also very rare to find an idi on my local craigslist too

Yup. I'm a sole survivor here in my town too. Just seeing a similar body style truck once a month is an event. Same body style and diesel? Nope. Not any more.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe someone swapped a Powerstroke into the 93?
That may be, but this was around 2000. Not real likely, but still possible. When a completely new engine hits the showrooms doesn't matter. There's been at least a handful around in vehicles for quite a while. There's a lot of testing that has to be done before the release. That's why we can get the spy photos of potential new vehicles months before that actual release. It's also why some of the spy photo vehicles never get released. Either they were redesigned or they were just plain scrapped. My own experience with a factory released "test" vehicle was in high school. The auto shop had a pretty new 1986 Buick Skylark(?) straight from GM. We were told that it was just for learning purposes. It was supposed to be unable to be registered because it wasn't assigned a VIN. I never did look to try to confirm that.