Anyone have source for reman engines?

gandalf

Reaction score
$11,240!! And then you have to pay some mechanic a king's ransom to put it in. Who would that lucky mechanic be?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
$11,240!!
Exactly what I thought at first. IF (big if) it came as pictured, with a new turbo, new computer controlled IP, new upper intake between the turbo and intake manifold, etc. then it would probably be a good price.

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is this even on here when we are talking about 6.9 7.3’s it should be in another category for that engine

Black dawg

Reaction score
From what I've heard about displacement on demand, yes just in a different way.

That's the ONLY good thing about them.

As far as I've seen, that was the entire input of GM on the Duramax too. The injector lines run right over the top of the valve covers. At least they do on the one or two that I've seen.

That's low compared to the 6.2. I was told, by someone who drove one, that with a 4X2, manual transmission, and a 6.2, you could get 26-27 MPG out of one, driving empty. That was in the speed limit 55 days so that's a factor.
The 6.5 gets really similar mpg to the 6.9-7.3. The 6.2 had different precups through the years (and much different than the 6.5), The early ones would get pretty crazy mpg. THe one early 6.2 I had in a 2500 suburban AVERAGED 20 mpg.