Anyone have a "extra" 6.9 head bolt?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was adding brake fluid today when I noticed one of my head bolts is now headless. The truck (wrecker) is going up for sale soon, so I don't want to buy a whole new set just to replace one.

Anyone have an old used one that they could part with?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can buy them individually. That's what Mel did when he busted one on the turbo project. I think he went through IH and not Ford on this one though. Double check with them.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAHALOLLOL Is that you un-bolting the hub cap?
I love the service vehicle that is great!
If I lived in ohio I wold call you when I needed help!

NO I dont have ahead bolt, sorry...
http://www.sprousestowing.com/picts/services-2.JPG

Yep that's me, those pictures are 2 years old. The service truck is long gone, I traded that van for my current wrecker, and the wrecker will be moving on soon. It'll be a great junk hauler or starter truck for someone.

As a matter of trivia, I upgrade vehicles roughly every 6 - 9 months. I started the business with a Chevy Astro conversion van that a homeless man had been living in. The rollback is my 6th truck that I've had for the business.

I really need to update the website with new pictures etc. I'll get some new ones up once my buddy gets my signs done for my rollback.

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news, I soaked it down with penetrating oil overnight and then hit the top of the bolt with a long bar to loosen up any corroded threads. It then turned out fairly easily by hand (there was just enough sticking out to grab with my fingertips).

I don't like taking apart motors, the "grease" inside has a smell you just can't get rid of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online