Anyone ever use these people ?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out DieseLogic in Jacksonville FL. they may still rebuild pumps, they did all the IP's for U-haul that the guys on here bought when U-Haul had there sale. Google DieseLogic there phone number is there.

Stay away from Pensacola Diesel in FL.

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
DPS is going to open up one of the largest cans of worms in the IDI world that guy has a reputation that ranges from slow service to not returing phone calls to injectors that **** fuel all over, pumps that are generally worthless, and people generally wanting to stand in line to kick his hind end.

I guess we should all thank him, his lousy products and service are what has led others to come up with things like the Moose pump and misters and ARP studs for the 7.3 and other such amenities.

Oldbull has some good advise, especially on avoiding Pensacola diesel ( never could get one of their pumps to time out)

Or check out the price on a baby moose pump if just needing a stock rebuild. Prices seem to be roughly about what a quality certified pump shop gets to do it right on a rebuild

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to lean towards a baby moose. Guess I need to start looking into how long it takes to do .....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was less than pleased with his customer service (mine wasn't bad compaired to others), and his injectors were dismal at best. My advice would be to spend your money elsewhere. Mel's Moose products would be my 1st choice.

Heath

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
The local shop that I got my rebuilt IP from did an awesome job, but I don't know if they do shipping. I used Test Calibration in Mobile, they are an actual Stanadyne dealer and just about the only shop around here I trust. They stand behind their pumps 100%, even offered to take apart and clean my past-warranty IP after my W/S gummed it up. Don't know if you would want to drive out here, though...

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local shop that I got my rebuilt IP from did an awesome job, but I don't know if they do shipping. I used Test Calibration in Mobile, they are an actual Stanadyne dealer and just about the only shop around here I trust. They stand behind their pumps 100%, even offered to take apart and clean my past-warranty IP after my W/S gummed it up. Don't know if you would want to drive out here, though...

What did they charge you ?

How hard are the pumps to remove and reinstall ? Anything special to do it ?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did they charge you ?

How hard are the pumps to remove and reinstall ? Anything special to do it ?

Gary (icanfixall) has made a series of videos on just that subject. I'll see if I can find the links. The main thing is to NOT remove the timing gear cover that the IP is bolted to. Unbolt the IP from it's drive gear and then from the gear cover. That leaves the IP drive gear in the correct time with the cam gear. Pull that cover and there is a whole big pain in the butt to get the timing between those gears correct again.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
To remove the injection pump you will need the bent 9/16 wrench and a 12 point 5/16 socket. Timing should be set by a meter when you done but you can get close by ear too. The timing marks on the gear cover and pump mean nothingunless you remove and reinstall the same pump without any work being done on it. Most here will time by the pulse method instead of the luminosity method of timing.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
call john at nozzle masters in orlando they are a reputable company that a lot of people i know have used and liked i talked to him yesterday and he can build you a pump for $300 but you have to take him a core first cause he doesn't have any to build.

here is the address and number
Nozzle Master INC
4640 Old Winter Garden Rd Ste A, Orlando, FL 32811
(407) 290-1474 Additional Contacts
(407) 290-2106 Fax

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
U haul has some listed on ebay right now for a less than 300 shipped.

The ip wrench is nice, but not necessary, makes life easier. Have the Kent Moore one if you need.

jmac212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the 9/16 wrench goes, I made my own out of one of the many I had using a bench vise, grinder and oxy/acetylene rig. I found that the offset on the ford wrench is not really needed, but the banana shaped bend definitely helped out. I went with a Baby Moose from Mel on the strength of the information gathered here.

Thread hijack alert: I need a shop in SW FL that times with instruments other than hearing aids. Any one know of one? Portuga, how bout you? PM me with replies to keep this on topic. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online