anyone ever use one of these?

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first generation (single sensor) units prettymuch sucked unless you did alot of caliberation, and then they would only be accurate to the vehicle they were caliberated to. From experience I dont see why it would not work in an idi (except maybe tach). Got rid of mine about 5 years ago when I stopped building cars...once caliberated it was very nice to be able grab a freeway on-ramp ond get reasonably accurate 1/4 times.

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
do you need anything special to calibrate them,id like to have one to see how the work i do increases performance

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
short answer, not that I recall...If memory serves we would basically just take it to the track, enter caliberation mode set the weights etc. and do a run...then plug in the number on the time slips....again, its been about 5 years since I have touched one, and basically we would create a baseline and caliberate) at the track, then start wrenching...use the gtech after each mod, and take the final results to the track...they were usually within the .2 for the 1/4, and .1 for the 0-60