anyone ever use one of these?

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
thats pretty cool,i never used one but would like to have one,a little pricey new but for 50.00 i would get it

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has one and I was going to set it up in my dually but never got the chance. It did do fine in my work van though. If you don't get it I will!
:Thumbs Up

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard half the functions dont work in a diesel but for 50 bucks I'd give it a shot.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
They claim the tach works with diesels, in theory it could sense the pulses from the alternator.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They claim the tach works with diesels, in theory it could sense the pulses from the alternator.

I remeber some one on FTE tryd one and tach didn't work. my guess is it reads RPM off noise from spark plugs and possibly could pick up on electronic injectors in newer diesels. Dont think alternator would work because its belt driven and alternator RPM has nothing to do with engine RPM But I could be over looking something:dunno

12clip

Reaction score
I had one of the original small black ones. I used it for tuning my Mustang 5.0 and the HP readings seemed pretty accurate. I tried it in a chipped 6.0 one time and it didn't want too work very well with the bigger vehicle for some reason. These newer ones may be better.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i just read an article in JP magazine where they used one and claimed it was accurite with 1/4 mile times to .01 seconds compaired with the track. they were testing changing gear ratios vs pumping the engine up some to compensate for bigger tires.

i would be interested to see it in use here with some feedback, maybe get some solid numbers for modifications without breaking the bank on dyno rollers between each mod.