Anyone ever see this?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have seen them but for the life of me never could figure out how they work. I'm thinking they slip around the plug and then you pull it out with the long steel cable.. Still not sure bout that either. I hope to never actually need or see one in use too...:angel::D Thats a job nobody wants to do ever.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
how to use this tool

Okay me and my Polock machinist buddy drank some beers and figured it out. The split nuts go around the threads on the glow plug then you put the u shape shim under the split nut and then screw the glow plug out while holding the split nut. Then add more u shaped shims as required. The cable serves no purpose except hold all pieces so you don't loose them like a key ring

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 92

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay me and my Polock machinist buddy drank some beers and figured it out. The split nuts go around the threads on the glow plug then you put the u shape shim under the split nut and then screw the glow plug out while holding the split nut. Then add more u shaped shims as required. The cable serves no purpose except hold all pieces so you don't loose them like a key ring
Exacly,

essentially jacking the gp out of the hole one thread at a time...

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Yes and we figured out how to make them and not pay $60 for it. If we had a glow plug here and the correct size nuts we would build one now. we don't . so i guess its more coors light.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Call the cops!! ive been robbed! i had 50 beers in the fridge and now i have 10. Oh never mind the ******* is here! He drank them all as usual

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 72

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
He said thats payment for making the cdr valve adapter. lol

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut a 10x1.0 mm nut in half. Maybe hold it together with visegrips, or the metric sized wrench.

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my gp's yesterday without a hitch thank god!!! Took a whole 20 minutes to do all 8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance