Anyone buy a "new" VRV on fleabay?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I am in the market for a replacement VRV. My truck is shifting very late when cold, and doesn't want to shift into 3rd at all until well warmed up. I found someone selling new ones for $225 on ebay, but am not ready to plunk down money for an unknown item. I saw his youtube post from a couple of years ago and it seems he is for real and his VRV replacements are all American made parts, but who knows?

I would gladly pay for a used one off a junker, if anyone has one to spare.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that should be good . It came off a daily driven truck. I can toss it in the mail for you on Friday.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as above, I have 3-4 floating around, let me know if you need one. LKQ yards are a good source, you've got tons to choose from in SoCal. I snag one every time I see one at the yards.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as above, I have 3-4 floating around, let me know if you need one. LKQ yards are a good source, you've got tons to choose from in SoCal. I snag one every time I see one at the yards.

Mine appears to be MIA . I know it's here somewhere , but if you don't mind shipping him one of yours it would save me some digging :)

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting it and making sure all the vacuum lines are good? Is your vacuum pump pulling a good vacuum? They will shift late or not want to shift if you are lacking vacuum weather its the pump, a vac leak, or a miss adjusted vrv. I've always adjusted mine by feel if I need to adjust it I keep the socket and ratchet in my truck and if I'm not happy with it I will pull over and move it a dime width and see how it does. I've thought about looking into a full manual valve body I'm not sure if you still need vacuum with full manual valve body but you will have to shift every gear

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Thanks to BlindAmbition, Everything is running as it should again. Turns out the VRV that I took off of the truck was most likely the original one, having the early E5TZ... part number. The PO must have transferred it over when he installed a rebuilt IP. Anyway, the silver ghost continues to roam the west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726