Anybody ever shipped a truck?

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a solid IDI candidate over on the west coast. 1974 F350 4x4 CC SRW shortbed. White too. I like that. I am going to search around online and see what I come up with.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Up in the hall of shame forum you can find some shippers that others have used with VERY BAD RESULTS.....

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dont use that website thats the main thing. Pay the money to hire a professional shipping company to do it for you. You know, one of those semi's.
We hired a guy off of that website to ship our Eclipse from CA last year and he took our money and ran with it, we ended up buying plane tickets and driving it back.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I sold a 92 F250 ex cab 4x4 with a problem block to a guy in York PA, and he got a company to haul it for him something like 700 or 800? I think they used hot shots? you might get Tonka to do it for ya? Or maybe a boob train?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck is awesome.

There are lots of "transport" guys running illegal, they use the various websites to get loads. These guys use a pickup truck and a 3 car wedge trailer mostly. I looked into doing transport work, the pay was just under the cost of doing the job legally.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where in the left coast is this truck at? If you are serious in getting quotes from a transport operation, I do have resources availible. All the guys I deal with have the proper licenses and are bonded. drop me a PM with a callback num and location of the vehicle and I get you some numbers.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I had my 94 F350 CC 4x4 shipped from Orlando to south Alabama for $400 or $500.....which is alot for the short distance. I just had time to get it myself.....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh shipped his truck with a particular service he really liked, but it was not cheap, you'd have to PM him and ask who it was and how much, orgo through Towcat since he has connections in the area. I would suggest not going through one of these websites unless you know it is good. I tried to have my truck shipped that way through a web broker, but eventually had to get my money back from them. Can't remember what website, and they may provide adequate service most places but my truck used to live in Dumas Texas, the middle fo the dust bowl.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have had good experience with some. where is the truck located then i can tell you who to use since im on the west coast.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I bought a cc dually in Houston Tx & had it shipped to my house in SC for $700 delivered. I paid them on delivery.
When I bought Big Red from IDIeselman in Mi., I couldn't arrange shipping & had to fly up & drive home. I enjoyed meeting Tim and his lovely family, but the 19 hour ride home sucked!
Good luck.

Chuck

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have shipped a few trucks that I have purchased. What I usually do is spend an hour or so, Google Auto Transport free quote. and fill out as many free quotes as I can. Then within the next day you have about 30 or so quotes to choose from. They will range from 500 to 1500. I then pick the cheapest one and reaserch the company alittle. Usually you have to give them $150, for booking the shipment, and then cash at delivery.

Most will ship within 10 days. Piece of cake!

The last on that I had shipped, was in New Jersey, It cost me $500. If I flew out and drove it back to MI, It would have cost me about $450.00 at the least for plane ticket, fuel, tolls, food, and motel, and that doesn't inlucde my day and a half that I loose. For $500 they bring it to me and I don't have to lift a finger, It was a no brainer!

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really on the fence about this truck. I should really sell a car before I buy another truck but on the other hand I have been browsing for 73~79 CC for a few months now and this is the nicest cheapest one I have found(6K). Even after shipping it will be cheaper than most of the ones I have seen. I seems kinda crazy to just buy it unseen and have it shipped. If I do this I think I will want to fly out and load it on the truck myself. It would be cool to just drive it back but 50 driving hours of a FE390 and a 4-speed might be a little much. The truck is in northern Oregon, If I decide to go for it I will PM you Towcat, thanks!! Darrin, I did the google thing and got about 20 quotes from the get X quotes at once places and the emails I got I didnt like. The ones that were a decent price I couldnt find on BBB or didnt have a website.

Picture it... Pull the 390, drop in a studded 6.9 boosting 12+ intercooled psi, Zf5, lockers, I could go on and on.....

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
Hey, I am an auto transporter. I am a carrier and an auto transport broker.

Shoot me a PM and let me know if I can help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online