ANY IDEAS?????

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I have been fighting this windshield wiper problem only to come up with no answers. My wipers just didn't work one day and have never worked since then. I first thought is was my multi function swithch so I bought a new one. No luck So I unplugged my wiper motor and delay box and jumped the motor with battery and motor runs. So I figured I would just buy the whole assembly motor delay box and all. Installed that today and still no wipers or wiper fluid pump. What else if there to check, I canot find any fuses for this and the relay under the dash has been replaced too. Is there a relay in distribution box under the hood??? Any info would be great.:dunno

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck seems to have no fuse. All I can find in the fuse box is a relay. I have checked all my fuses and they are all good. I've checked the ones under the hood and under the dash. Even on the fuse cover all that is listed is the relay for the windshield wipers. I wish it was that simple. Thanks anyway. I've got a feeling its going to be something simple but I just can't seem to figure it out.-cuss

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also where is this wiper control module that it shows on the wiring drawing in the hanes manual. I have found all the wires except where they connect to the control module. I can't find the drk greens that feed this. Any ideas???

sassyrel

Reaction score
its somewhere under the right side of the dash--as the one on mine acts nuts---and i can hear it---just have to find it when i get the truck running-----:D :D :D

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
there is a fuse for it, not shure where offhand its in one of the 2 fuse boxes.
the delay box is behind the glove box.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only fuse it has is a circuit breaker in the fuse panel. I replaced that with a normal fuse that way I could tell if it was tripping or not. I'll take a look by the glove box for the control module. Thanks

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool deal on the location of delay box. I have it in my hand now. Now how do you test it or just buy a new one and assume this is what is causing my problem?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
What year truck do you have?

I'd allmost bet it;s the motor.

If the cowl seal allows water past it, it drips down on the motor.

I pulled the one off my F150 and the water had deteriorated the glue holding the magnets to the side of the case. A little sand paper cleaned up the case and magnets. Some JB Weld to reattach the magnets, and its' been working fine for 5 years

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Have you tested the wiring out to the motor for opens or shorts to grounds?..Just use a 4" bulb for a load....Sometimes you can see 12v but the wire can't carry any amperage due to a bad spot.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the motor and the multi function switch. I have voltage to the memory on the control module on the motor. I have voltage to the switch and out of the switch. I just found the delay box last night but that is the only thing left that could be wrong. I'v jumpered everything else and it all works just nothing getting through the delay box. I pretty sure this is what it is. I found a guy parting a truck out near me last night and he said I could come get this out of his truck so I will let you guys know later today. Thanks again.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the delay box off of a truck that was being parted out today and that fixed my problem. Wish I knew about that box before I bought everything else. Anyway thanks alot for all your help.