Electrical draw

Overloaded-dadbod

Reaction score
I am getting a heavy draw with just my wipers on a brand new wiper motor (like draws a 130amp alt down to 12.1v running)
I am also getting a substantial draw from the heater.
The wipers work great for about 5mins then I can only barley get them to run on highest setting.

Does any one know the wattage draw for both the wipers and heater? Could the heater resistor be bad?

Could the wiper switch be gummed up or on the way out?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Don't have an answer for you about draw, but usually high amperage and low/no motor running is a bad motor.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting a heavy draw with just my wipers on a brand new wiper motor (like draws a 130amp alt down to 12.1v running)
I am also getting a substantial draw from the heater.
The wipers work great for about 5mins then I can only barley get them to run on highest setting.

Does any one know the wattage draw for both the wipers and heater? Could the heater resistor be bad?

Could the wiper switch be gummed up or on the way out?
You need to get a meter and check the voltage to the wiper motor when it's running. Also the blower motor when it's on high. They should be close to 12v, especially when the alternator is turning. if it's really low, like 9v or less, you have a connection problem somewhere. You will have to do some more checking. Can also be a bad ground.

Overloaded-dadbod

Reaction score
Heater aka blower motor pulls 16.89 amps
You must be registered for see images attach
You able to use yer fancy meter to pull the wipers draw as well? I don't have one of them unless I'm at work, but work has been busy as hell, so there has been hardly any time for me to mess with my stuff.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new motor or Brand new "Rebuilt"? If a new motor, check the grounds out. I recently took all mine off, even the hidden ones behind the kick panel, cleaned the all up, scratched down to bear metal on a few, coat of grease/Dielectric compound reassemble and quite a few electrical gremlins went away.

Overloaded-dadbod

Reaction score
Brand new motor or Brand new "Rebuilt"? If a new motor, check the grounds out. I recently took all mine off, even the hidden ones behind the kick panel, cleaned the all up, scratched down to bear metal on a few, coat of grease/Dielectric compound reassemble and quite a few electrical gremlins went away.
I will be doing that once I go back to work, something about working in a "hydrological event" doesn't appeal even if the wipers barely work.
It is brand new, I am having 2 other rebuilt by a local electrical rebuilder for spares. I just happen to own 3 bricks so it's always nice to have small parts laying around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online